Hello From Wisconsin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobD70

Hello, I am in central Wisconsin, near Wausau. I am looking at getting a travel trailer next spring or summer. I look forward to learning a few things here while i research just what i want to get.

You came to the right spot.  The start of your adventure should be: what do you have or plan to pull it with? 

That will certainly point you in the direction of what you can / should be looking at.  Plenty of us here willing to give free advise and our personal experiences.

So, what do you plan to pull it with?

Welcome to the forum! Smart move doing your research ahead of time. Use the search feature to find lots of answers to lots of questions you'll have.

Hi and welcome to the forum.  As well as tow vehicle consider the best floor plan layout for you and your family.

This is a good website to have a look at lots of floorplans to help you get an idea then go see some...

https://www.pplmotorhomes.com/

Happy hunting!  If you need any advice, please let us know.

Hello neighbor. We are originally from central WI near Wausau and are now full-timers. Are you planning to use your trailer to escape the brutal winters?

Off Our Rocker RV said:
Hello neighbor. We are originally from central WI near Wausau and are now full-timers. Are you planning to use your trailer to escape the brutal winters?

Haha, no, I have a ways to go yet for retirement, plus I actually lie it here in WI, the change of seasons.  Perhaps when I get older the cold will bother me more.  I am between Marathon City and Edgar in the country...13-14 miles west of Wausau, you?

I do some photography as a hobby and go to some dogs shows within the state and since my dog was naughty, I have  to start taking him with me as I cant leave him with anyone, and a travel trailer will make al that a bit easier for us.  We may opt to take an occasional weekend trip to.

RobD70 said:
Haha, no, I have a ways to go yet for retirement, plus I actually lie it here in WI, the change of seasons.  Perhaps when I get older the cold will bother me more.  I am between Marathon City and Edgar in the country...13-14 miles west of Wausau, you?

I do some photography as a hobby and go to some dogs shows within the state and since my dog was naughty, I have  to start taking him with me as I cant leave him with anyone, and a travel trailer will make al that a bit easier for us.  We may opt to take an occasional weekend trip to.

We lived on the east side in Weston. The change of seasons are great but no need to suffer in the cold!

My wife and I were both from WI - she?s from Wausau, me from New Glarus. Now live in Mpls. but still ?cheese heads??. We are retired and travel in a 32? motorhome during  the summer and next year plan on staying at the  Dells of the Eau Claire just west of Wausau.  For you I would recommend a trip to the north shore of Lake Superior from Duluth all the way to Canada if you want. Great scenery and State Parks. We go there as often as we can and never tire of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom