Hello i need some advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bjoern51

Hello Everyone,

Came here here i've looked everywhere and came up with nothing for replacements, and haver the slightest on how to swap from this brick to something newer if needed. I have a 1988 Century 5th wheel. been doing some fixes on it throughout the span of two years when i take it out for camping than come back with another issue. LOL. Well my issue this time is the inside breakers under the stove. The grounding back plate for breakers the plastic shattered when replaced a breaker. I cant find a replacement and am not comfortable with jimmy rigging electrical. Its a UL series 6300-A.

Thank you for a response! Unfortunately i need the breaker half too:( its the breaker mounting plate that broke:(

Its a UL series 6300-A.
I am guessing that you have a Magnetek 6300 series converter? Here is a used one for sale.
Used 32 AMP Converter 6300 A Model 6332 - Young Farts RV Parts

Used 32 AMP Converter 6300 A Model 6332 - Young Farts RV Parts

Used 32 AMP Converter 6300 A

If you’re going to buy it you better act fast. There is only one in stock and at the time, over 250 people were looking at it online.

Hello Everyone,

Came here here i've looked everywhere and came up with nothing for replacements, and haver the slightest on how to swap from this brick to something newer if needed. I have a 1988 Century 5th wheel. been doing some fixes on it throughout the span of two years when i take it out for camping than come back with another issue. LOL. Well my issue this time is the inside breakers under the stove. The grounding back plate for breakers the plastic shattered when replaced a breaker. I cant find a replacement and am not comfortable with jimmy rigging electrical. Its a UL series 6300-A.
Is your panel similar to the one Kirk posted pics of in post #4? If so, are you referring to the 120v circuit breakers? Can you post a pic of what is broken? most of the parts, are readily available as that basic panel is still manufactured. Someone was looking for the insulator strip that goes under the ground bar, and I found several new ones on Ebay.

If you plan on keeping the trailer and using it, you would do well to replace the converter (which is in the bottom portion of the box) if it is original. Progressive Dynamics makes a very good replacement that will not cook your batteries like the original converter, and it comes with a new 12v fuse panel too.

Post up some pics please.

Here is the breaker stabs and insulator mounting Parallax M91500008 7300/6300 Breaker Stab Assembly

M91500008_01.jpg

Parallax neutral bar with insulator. Parallax M91500009 8 Position Neutral Bar Assembly
PAR-M91500009.jpg

Siemens 30/20 breaker, Main and A/C position, Siemens is one of several brands approved for use in Parallax panels. Siemens Q3020 Parallax Power Components ITEQ3020 30/20A Duplex Circuit Breaker
s-l1600.webp

Siemens 30/15 main/A/C breaker if you need that rather than the 30/20 Siemens Q3015 Parallax Power Components ITEQ3015 30/15A Duplex Circuit Breaker Looks like the one above, so I won't post the pic. LH handle is 30, RH handle is 15.

Siemens 15/15 amp tandem or duplex breaker (this is two 120v circuits) Parallax Power Supply (ITEQ1515 Duplex Circuit Breaker This is NOT a 240v breaker. This breaker is easily found in Home Depot or Lowes.
s-l960.webp

New Progressive Dynamics four stage power converter for the Parallax, readily available in different amperages (35, 45, 55) and with features such as Lithium battery charging capability. PD4645V 45 Amp Converter Upgrade, Optional Remote Pendant You will never need the optional pendant, don't buy it. The same capability is already built into the new 12v DC fuse panel that comes with it.
PD4600-out-of-case.png

If your existing converter looks like this with big magnetic coil and a few other items (remove four screws and the lower cover to see it)
62023-6fd2fa1e920619c8bc0c1ffbc699ff2e.jpg

You need to scrap it............

Charles

Last edited:
If you have a 6300... Good excuse to upgrade to a Progressive Dynamics product with charge wizard either built in or added. Find one that is about the same size or a big smaller and frame it in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom