Hello! I'm brand new to RV'ing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVdreams504

39 yo Single mom in the military, new to the lifestyle.
It's always been my life long dream to own an RV when I retire, but just couldn't wait another 12 more years! So, I decided to retire early, one weekend at a time! I have been on 2 RV trips so far, just bought a 2013 Tioga Montara Class C Motorhome. I absolutely love it! Any advice is appreciated and I hope to make some new friends! I enjoy tweeting my experiences, so follow if you're on Twitter! @martamartin

HI!!  I'm brand new to this forum and to RVing in general.  I have wanted an RV since 1986 and when I told my hubby about it he started hunting for something we could afford and now I have TWO in various stages of rehab.

One is an airstream with so much original in near perfect condition that I'm thinking once the maintenance is caught up I may have to sell it because it is too nice to gut and rearrange for my needs.  Trouble is the airstream is my dream machine and Hubby got this one for WAY cheap because the owner didn't think the engine could be gotten running, only took hubby 3 days to get it running and it is low milage and running well-- pretty cool.

BUT the other ultra cheap buy was a government auction-- my rexhall XL 3600, it is huge!  Came with five desks and no actual living spaces-- so gutting it is easy and I have only to work around the bathroom and snack center (frig, microwave and sink) and door locations-- the rest is a blank slate.  Hubby says that this one is the one I should plan to keep because I can design a custom interior for us.

Right now, both are in rehab and are ongoing projects as hubby has time. 

I'm so excited to find this place and all the new people to meet! 

KAS  8)

I'm a bit older and we are closer to retirement but have kids too.

good to see that there is girl power to rival the spice girls on this site.  I too have kids but as they are now in their late teens and at university I am hoping I can renovate the RV and escape from them, especially when they come back in term holidays with a shipping crate of dirty washing "hi kids, bye kids here's the instructions for the washing machine mum is going rv'ing - lov ya - p.s. there are no ready meals in the freezer moms taken them with her - cos she sure ain't cooking"

KAS, I'm so envious you have a hubby that can do that!! What an awesome way of building your dream RV. I wish you so much success in that!! Can't wait to see finished pictures!! Since I'm by myself I had to buy something with low maintenance. It's still my dream, as any home on wheels is my dream!!

Fergilan, yes... GIRL Power is where it's at! How else are these men and our RV's powered?!?!  ;D
My daughter is 13 and I told her when she goes off to college in 5 years I'm living in the RV! Oh and since I'm so busy with single motherhood, and the military I don't cook much, but since I've been RV'ing, I love to cook!! Crazy, huh?

Thank you ladies for stopping by and saying hello!!

Hello Marta and welcome to The RV Forum!

Thanks for serving, many vets here.

You are in for some good time, but there will be some bumps.  RVs are a real tinker toy, but we have your back.  Our library is chocked full of good information that you will find useful.  Our members represent a great depth of knowledge and enjoy helping others, so if you don't find what you are looking for just ask.

Participation in our discussions and the Wednesday evening campfire will net you many new RV buds.  Join any that interest you.

Welcome aboard!

I'm delighted to meet you all!

Marta, I admire those who serve in the military very much.  Growing up my oldest friend's Dad had served, my Dad and grandpa had served, and then my friend's oldest sister went into the army-- this would have been in the 70's!  She really inspired a lot of us to think outside the boxes of life.

Fergilan,  my older two are in college and in their 20's.  One got married a couple years ago and they just added our first grandchild to the mix. Nutty woman that I am, when my hubby came into my life, delightfully oddball and without any children at all, I said, "I'm game!" and now we have two in diapers.  Luckily, hubby is likely to finally accept early retirement and be home with the kids. 

The more I learn about RV's, reading online where hubby points me, the more I admire him for how much homework he has done about these machines.  But I am realizing I need to learn too because it will be far more rewarding if we are partners in keeping the thing up and running.

I think it is awesome that there are women doing this alone too.  My husband is 15 years older than myself and I want to be able to RV full time no matter what our future brings.  It is something I wanted to do right out of college but at the time I just didn't have the confidence in myself and I regret not doing it when I had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom