Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puffyschuff

Hello everyone!

I just registered and I wanted to post an introduction.  My husband and I have always loved camping and up until a couple of years ago, we tented.  Well, I found that I no longer loved the adventure of sleeping on an air mattress on the ground and upgraded to a tent trailer.  The next year we upgraded to a bigger tent trailer since I also liked the idea of my own washroom facilities.  Well, at an RV show this spring, we purchased a new 2011 Keystone Outback.  Next week we are going to embark on our first trip with this trailer and our first camping trip with our 5 month old son.  Wish us luck!

I have enjoyed reading older posts and have learned a great deal.  Thanks!

I do have a question....what does everyone use to keep their dishes safe in the rvs?  In the tent trailer, the dishes fit into a drawer so I didn't have to worry about them sliding around.  I did place non slip cupboard liners in but I'm concerned about the top dishes sliding off the bottom ones.  I didn't stack anything too high, but in doing so I seem to have wasted a lot of space. 

We have used Corell plates for a lot of years in a travel trailer.  They were just stacked in a cupboard with no dividers.  No sliding, no breaking over a period of 15 years.

A lot of people use a kind of rubbery shelf liner.  It is sold in rolls at WalMart and I believe Camping World.  It is also sold in sheets to be used under throw rugs.  Our shelves are lined with this material.  Some have cut small squares or rounds to place between each plate, bowl, etc.
Another common practice is to cram dish towels, rolls of paper towels, and any other soft stuff in with the dishes to keep them from moving and/or breaking.

And welcome to the forum from another new person (well fairly new!).

I keep my Corelle on a corner tier stacker in the top cabinet and sometimes the bowls on the top shelf would move around.  I just moved the bowls down when traveling and back in place upon arrival.  Used to have a problem keeping the plastic drinking glasses upright until I changed them out for shorter stackable old fashion plastic glasses.  Now when I open the doors it no longer looks like bowling alley.

BTW - welcome to the board!  I'm pretty new to this RV world.

Thank you for the responses.  I do have Corelle dishes so I'm hoping they will do well.  I like the idea of the corner tier stacker since the cupboard is so tall and having everything spread out seems like a waste of space.  The drinking glasses are plastic so I'm not concerned about them. 

I'm getting very excited about camping this week since it seems like it has been a long winter.  :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom