HELP! 2011 Tiffin 35QBA Leaning??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely call Tiffin and ask for help; also ask for a dealer qualified to handle this sort of problem. It appears this problem may be more ubiquitous than originally thought.

Most Rv dealers do not have a chassis shop, but they may have a working relationship with a local chassis shop that can help. Lazydays RV in Tampa, FL has a chassis shop of their own but they also use outside contractor shops for unique problems.

Sorry to hear of another first hand report of this here.... :'(
As an owner of a 2010 QBA that does not show this problem.  I think.....  I never really look at it from the outside when it's not up on the jacks.  I better check it out.  It seems to handle OK over the road, though.  Takes more attention at the wheel than a car, but I assume that's common to the breed.

Anyway, this is a good thread to post your experiences on, IMO.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Gordon

kjmcafee08 said:
... I did however get an interesting phone call from a rep at LazyDays a few days ago. Turns out that the deposit that was put on the coach after we traded it in had to be refunded. I was told that when LazyDays took the coach to another chasis shop in Orlando, the chasis shop refused to do any work on it. They said that the actual weight of the coach and the GVW weight printed on the manufacturers label affixed to the inside of the coach did not match. I did not ask what the difference was but was told that it was headed back to the factory in Alabama. 
Just ran across this thread.  I haven't had the handling problems the OP had, although mine is on the Workhorse chassis and not the Ford chassis.

The weight issue is very real.  When I first weighed my coach a month or two after buying it, I discovered the as-built weight was 1,000 lbs higher than the paperwork Tiffin posted in the coach.  That cut my CCC down from 2,000 lbs to 1,000 lbs.  Tiffin's response was to give me a bogus weight number, saying that it was the weight they measured at the plant.  In talking to another 35QBA buyer at the time, they had the exact same as-built weight posted in their coach -- to the pound.  I maintain that it is impossible to build two of these units to come out within a pound of each other -- there are too many floating variables like fiberglass skin thickness, fluid fill levels, as-needed caulking amounts, etc.

We love the coach and have gotten good use out of it the past 22 months, but the bottom line is that we have to watch the amount of "stuff" that we carry and we can only run with a quarter-tank of fresh water in order to keep the travel weight at the GVWR.

None of those things you mentioned will change the weight by 50 lbs let alone 1000 lbs. Example fibreglass wall thickness: I am willing to bet those panels are made in a big specialized factory and likely come out within thousands of an inch in thickness and no difference in designed weight between panels.

The more likely scenario is a base weight per model is being quoted before certain options are added during or after manufacture like, for example, a washing machine, a 2nd TV (100lb monster size!!), a dinette as opposed to table and chairs, tile floors as opposed to carpet or linoleum etc etc.... and the list goes on. It would not be hard to add 1000lbs like that.

Alfa38User said:
None of those things you mentioned will change the weight by 50 lbs let alone 1000 lbs. Example fibreglass wall thickness: I am willing to bet those panels are made in a big specialized factory and likely come out within thousands of an inch in thickness and no difference in designed weight between panels.

The more likely scenario is a base weight per model is being quoted before certain options are added during or after manufacture like, for example, a washing machine, a 2nd TV (100lb monster size!!), a dinette as opposed to table and chairs, tile floors as opposed to carpet or linoleum etc etc.... and the list goes on.
My point was not that the fiberglass wall thickness variance would get you to 1,000 lbs, but that the difference from one coach to the next could not be zero lbs because of thickness variability.  A variance of 0.005" in fiberglass skin thickness in this coach would be ~45 lbs weight difference.

As to your second point, all those things are supposed to be accounted for in the as-delivered weight posted in the coach.

Hello friends i have the exact same problem with 35Q i bought CASH!!!! and they send me a piece to fix it??? a brand new paid cash RV??? from TIFFIN?
i think we should do something to get our 100% cash back...... what ever we paid... or report the problem to better business bureau, would that make any difference??
please if some one knows how to solve this problem email me thanks!!

jorgevega said:
Hello friends i have the exact same problem with 35Q i bought CASH!!!! and they send me a piece to fix it??? a brand new paid cash RV??? from TIFFIN?
i think we should do something to get our 100% cash back...... what ever we paid... or report the problem to better business bureau, would that make any difference??
please if some one knows how to solve this problem email me thanks!!
Welome to the forum!  I think there have been a number of problems mentioned in this thread -- what specific problem are you talking about.  What piece did Tiffin send you to fix it?  What model year is your 35QBA?

Not sure what "CASH" is all about. Tiffen likely always gets cash,  the dealers, yours or the finance companies...

Your product is on warranty, have you talked to Tiffen, considered going there for repairs? (not always possible unfortunately but...) Taking it to a good dealer???

Tiffen has the envious reputation of being among one of the most responsive manufacturers around.

If you were expecting a perfect vehicle, you are looking at the wrong industry.....

Hmmmm.... I'm looking at some used Tiffin qba's (2010-2011).  We've owned a Tiffin in the past and can vouch for their customer service, so I certainly wouldn't rule them out altogether.  They are still my preferred coach.  However, would I be wise to rule out the qba based on this thread?

Do any of the original posters who have had problems have any more information on this, or is it possible it's your coach I'm looking at buying?  ::)

I wish I would have joined this forum before I bought the RV.  I have a 2010 Tiffin 35QBA and it leans two inches to one side.  We just sat the RV on a level driveway and measured from bottom of the coach to the driveway and it was leaning to one side.  The previous owner had the suspension fixed as they had this problem and now I am seeing the same thing. I contacted the shop that did the work but since their computers were down they could not tell me why it was repaired in March of 2018.  The owner did offer to look over the coach while on vacation @ Disney since he is based in Ft. Lauderdale and I am in Orlando. Being we are in 2019 and the coach was 2010 I am guessing warranty is out of the question. I could run the VIN against what Lazydays has and see if it ever had the problem addressed before.  I have been thinking of installing an airbag system myself to see if I can get it level. There has to be a fix regardless of what idiot designed this thing to have so much weight on the passenger side.
Suggestions are welcomed. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Praise Bus
Back
Top Bottom