Help! I let go the slide switch too early, one slide not coming in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwdanby

2004 Forest River Cardinal 32ft fifth wheel. Pressed the slide in switch, held it down. bedroom slide came in perfect. stupidly let go the switch. living room slide didnt come in. repeatedly pressed the switch but nothing. any ideas? we move in an hour

Are you able to run it all the way back out, and start over?

when i turn the main breaker off and back on, and then press the slide switch to In, i get a brief faint whine from the slide and then it tails off and stops. no movement in the slide at all

Does it make a difference if you're on shore power versus batteries?

Hopefully you might know the procedure for cranking the slides in manually...now may be a good time to learn!

The slide motors run on DC, so per Skookum's post verifying the battery/converter is working would be a good first step. With my RV the slide motors run off the chassis battery so I always start the engine before operating the slide, to minimize any issues with battery voltage.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

sounds like a battery issue (Disconnected/dead) the slides often draw more than your converter is comfortable outputting.

That said: What make slides. HWH is usually hydraulic.. Power Gear is rack and pinion. There is another I know little about.. but the "Fix it" method depends on the system.

Is this one of the RVs that has only one switch for 2 or more slides? In other words, you hold the switch down and the slides move in a predefined sequence until all are in or out. If so, this seems more like a controller issue than fuse or battery.

Back
Top Bottom