Help in hanging things on the wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DTM

We have a new Fun Finder TT and would like to hang a few things on the walls....like a toilet paper holder, magazine rack, etc...can anyone give me a few hints on how to do it?  Thanks!!

You can hang them the usual way, but you will need to put a couple of squares of velcro on the wall to keep them from moving.

I use a pop-rivet gun with 1/4 in. rivets.  Works great

Agreed on the velcro I also like "mollies[sp]" metal hollow wall anchors i get them at lowes or homedepot they have a screw in the middle and a collapsible metal anchor.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Crown-Bolt-6-x-32-tpi-x-1-1-4-in-Zinc-Plated-Hollow-Wall-Anchor-with-Pan-Head-Combo-Drive-Screw-25-Piece-10415/202519756

Use Velcro or Command strips for removable brackets. Usually good up to about 5 lbs. Not so good for TP holders and such that are subject to pulling.

For heavier or sturdier stuff, the basic technique is the same as any hollow wall, i.e. a "molly" type bolt or a hollow wall screw anchor. Interior RV walls are usually  thin wallboard, either 1/8" or 3/16".

This article explains the various types of anchors. I like the spiral type for very thin walls.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/interior-projects/how-to/g1320/what-to-know-about-hollow-wall-anchors/

I too had the same thoughts only my question is how do you hang a small TV( television not tow vehicle) on an interior wall? I have an electric outlet and cable input but the wall seems so thin. I am hanging a 24" flat screen in the bedroom weighing less than 5 lbs. I was in Costco and the wall mount they sell weighs closer to 20lbs. which is overkill.
Thanks in advance, Joe

Joe, if you have a cable input, you may also have a wooden backing close by where you can installed a TV bracket.  This was my experience when I had a Rockwood TT. Look around and try to find it by the touch.

A standard stud finder looks for CHANGE in wall thickness, not just studs.  It can find studs in the TT, but it can also find hanger boards if present.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom