Help with Fresh water Pump Power issue. HR Endeavor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

live2trvl

Hello Everyone,
I have currently upgraded to a 1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor diesel . i am currently having trouble with my water pump. The water pump is not getting power to the pig tale that plugs into the pump. I have power at the Controller and the 3 switches. The purple wire that goes to the controller is hot but the purple wire that goes to the pump is not.

any suggestions would be a great help. Thank You.

If you have the normal Intellitec controller it does not supply 12v to the pump, it supplies Ground (the "Load" connection). The 12v supply to the pump comes from the battery fuse to the pressure switch on the pump. So to test you need to check for 12v at the pressure switch and ground from the controller.

Fantastic,
i do have the intellitec controller. i will test that in a min. where is the pressure switch at the pump. im just seeing the pump and the whip that connects to the pump.

Take a look at teh link
Amazon link

The switch is the end you are looking at.. On mine at top is a connection  that's the pressure switch 12 volt tab.  It is where the red wire (Shown not connected) connects

The pressure switch is internal to the pump - you don't test that directly.  The "hot" wire to the pump connects to it inside the pump, and that hot wire should be connected to a continuous 12v source.  The other pump wire (the ground side) goes to the Intelletec controller (your purple wire).  That wire only has voltage when the pump is actually running, i.e. 12v present on the + side and the pressure switch activate (line pressure below about 45 psi).

From your description, it appears that a fuse is blown in the +12v line to the pump.  If you don't know where the fuse is (should be a panel of them), start hunting.

All the fuses are intact. I have checked the panel inside the coach and the panel in front by the generator.
The water pump switch?s are hot, the purple wore to the controller is hot when the switch is on, but not Hot
To the whip to the pump . It?s very strange .

Shouldn?t there be power to the whip to the pump when the water pump switch is on.?
Also the light to the kitchen switch is not lighting up but I have power to it. Not sure why that is maybe the bulb in the switch is burnt out or could the switch be bad.?

There should be power to the + side of the pump at all times.  The power to & thru the on/off switches is irrelevant - that only enables the switch to signal the Intelletec pump controller that it has changed status (off vs on).  As previously stated, the Intelletec switches the ground side, not the hot.

If you have no power to the hot side, something is wrong in the wiring to the + side of the pump.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merlee&drebug
Back
Top Bottom