Henry's Lake State Park (Idaho)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KarenS144

I'm working on plans for our 2013 trip and had first thought we'd stay in West Yellowstone for a few days but discovered that Henry's Lake isn't that far plus it's in Idaho so I can color in another state if we stay overnight.  ;)  It's also a LOT cheaper than Grizzly's and no doubt is much less crowded which are big plusses in my book.  There doesn't look to be any shade but then there probably isn't at Grizzly's either.

Does anyone have any experience there or at any of the other CGs around Henry's Lake?  Has anyone fished it?

Thanks!

Although we have not stayed at Henry's Lake, we have stayed several times at Lake Hebgon, which is next to it (a little closer to West Yellowstone). You take Denny Road, which is about 5 miles outside of W Yellowstone. Once on that road, there are a few campgrounds. A couple with specific spots and restrooms, then at about 9 miles in there is a primitive campground on the right and on the lake. It has trees, firepits, good fishing (Mt license required), and vault toilets. One of our favorite places!

We stayed at Henry's Lake in a 36-foot motorhome while visiting Yellowstone. Great place, lots of space between parking sites, good elec and water. 44 total sites, 25 water/elec, 19 elec arranged in two loops. Sites are right on the lake, no trees, but grassy spacing.  Though no sewer hookups, there are gray-water drain sumps located throughout the park. We were there to visit Yellowstone, so our requirement was a good place to park, and Henry's Lake filled the bill just fine.

We will be at Red Rock RV Park just south of Henry's Lake for two months this year, after a number of recommendations from friends. Falconhunter here on the Forum workamped it last year and thought it was fabulous. Others we have talked to have had similar good experiences. The owners have been extremely helpful and accommodating while we arranged our stay this past fall.

We wanted to be closer to Yellowstone than Ennis where we stayed in 2010. We hope to take advantage of the some of the fishing opportunities in the area.

We stayed 4 nights at Henry's Lake SP in the Sunrise loop in June 2011 on our way to Grizzly.  We were in a 33 foot motor home and had plenty of room.  I would echo RedT's comments. We didn't fish the lake, just toured the area.  The only negative thing I remember is a lot of flying insects that swarmed whenever we were outside.

As far as fishing goes, we haven't been to Henry's Lake yet but sis and brother in law have been quite a few times in the summer. Fishing has been really good for them. Get an early morning start as the winds pick up as the sun get higher.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinapple
Back
Top Bottom