"Here's your sign"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A credit card avoids all that hassle with cash ;)

Another thing that is lost now and/or not taught in schools is telling time.  I was waiting for a high school baseball game to begin and a student who was also waiting for the same game asked me the time.  I replied quarter til.  They asked me to repeat it.  So I said quarter til 4.  They didn't know what that meant until I said it was 3:45.

As for the change on top of the bills, I usually try and pull my hand away before they can put the change on top. Then I make them wait a second while I can put the bills in my other hand and then accept the change in a cupped hand.  If they give me the change first ok, but not the other way around.

Bluebum said:
i used to be something of a math wiz but now that i'm over 50 and barely ever use it i'm finding myself getting brain-locked over the simplest equations. i'm certain it's not an age thing.... :eek:

Couldn?t possibly be an age thing?

One of my first jobs was cooking at an A&W drive in. While looking at the order slips on the ?wheel? I would add up the orders in my head, and sometimes find mistakes that the carhops had made. This was while flipping burgers, handling the fryers and putting orders together.

Fast forward to the present: I?m lost without a calculator, and don?t get me started on spell check.

HappyWanderer said:
Couldn?t possibly be an age thing?

One of my first jobs was cooking at an A&W drive in. While looking at the order slips on the ?wheel? I would add up the orders in my head, and sometimes find mistakes that the carhops had made. This was while flipping burgers, handling the fryers and putting orders together.

Fast forward to the present: I?m lost without a calculator, and don?t get me started on spell check.

Comes under "use or lose it."  One of my jobs when before calculators were even available to the public, was working in a NAPA auto parts store.

We were required to add invoices, containing multiple entries,  calculate tax when appropriate and do this quickly.  Any errors came out of our pocket!

Could not do that today on a bet.

Back
Top Bottom