Hi All - Just starting our RV adventure 8 months on the road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FRANINRV

Hi All:

My husband and I have a Thor Quantum LC28 (30') that we now live in. We are on an epic 9 month adventure since I retired in April. We'll be traveling across the states to see family and friends this year. We will also be setting up our domicile in South Dakota, so looking for some Lessons learned from others who've done the same thing. We're allowing 2 weeks in SD to get set up. We'll be getting our SD address soon, as our current address expires in March. Our vehicles expire in June/August, so in May we'll be getting them registered as well.

Lived in Las Vegas for over 42 years and since my great aunt and uncle showed up in front of my house while we were dating, both of us looked at each other and said RV Retirement all those yrs ago. So far enjoying the RV life.

I was in Las Vegas a week before the Formula One race. OMG what a mess. I'll bet you are glad to get out of there.
Are you aware of Sturgis? That's another mess...LOL

Welcome to the forum, when we did our SD residency it only took a few days. We set everything up before our arrival so we had all the info needed to get licenses. It was a very easy process.
Enjoy your travels!

Welcome to the Forum. Glad to have you aboard. Looks like you are well organized for traveling. Enjoy your RV life.

Hi All:

My husband and I have a Thor Quantum LC28 (30') that we now live in. We are on an epic 9 month adventure since I retired in April. We'll be traveling across the states to see family and friends this year. We will also be setting up our domicile in South Dakota, so looking for some Lessons learned from others who've done the same thing. We're allowing 2 weeks in SD to get set up. We'll be getting our SD address soon, as our current address expires in March. Our vehicles expire in June/August, so in May we'll be getting them registered as well.

Lived in Las Vegas for over 42 years and since my great aunt and uncle showed up in front of my house while we were dating, both of us looked at each other and said RV Retirement all those yrs ago. So far enjoying the RV life.
whole reason we left Feb 5. We were there for F1 and didn't want to be there fir Superbowl..

The Escapees have an article on the SD requirements and a downloadable guide. Or use this brief summary.

You can do it all yourself but I suggest you use one of the services that helps you get SD residency/domicile established. They can get you squared away properly and you can get them started on the process before you even arrive. Here are a couple of them:

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good to have you join us.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, so please ask anything you need to.

Safe and happy travels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom