Hi folks! Trying to figure some things out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DelActivisto said:
On what? Could you be more specific? SUVs have lots of storage space, so not sure what you're referring to there. I'm thinking of an Infiniti QX56/QX80:

https://www.infinitiusa.com/suv/qx80

It can haul 9000 pounds, which is almost as much as a ? ton diesel truck! Whoa!

SUVs in general have very limited towing capacity.
Airstrams, although look nice are just extremely limuted for storage space.  Look closely at where you can put stuff.  That curved exterior takes so much away from interior storags space.  Look pretty, cost a bundle,,but utterly useless for more than a weekend.

jackiemac said:
Welcome  to the forum. Sounds likd you have a good head on your shoulders.  Im not an expert and you will see from your other post towing numbers are not just looking at one number, unfortunately! You need to check cargo carrying capacity amongst other things.....

Yeah... also recently learning about hitch weights and what have you. Lots to learn, but very exciting!

Gary RVer Emeritus said:
There isn't any general restriction, as a few here may have intimated. It's definitely park-by-park, so you  have to check the ones you plan on using, in advance. Older parks, state & federal, sometimes have problems with longer rigs and may have restrictions to avoid them, but by no means all or even most parks. In particular, parks intended to provide only "primitive camping" in wilderness areas may have small sites and/or narrow twisty roads. Quite a few USFS recreation areas are in that category.

A "campground guide" is a useful resource, compiling park descriptions, site sizes, prices and seasons into a single entry and organized by map region and name. Available in book form, online websites, and smart phone apps.

Good to know. I like primitive camping, but I imagine just finding places to park the camper now and then and taking the tow vehicle in for some primitive camping, which is what we actually do a lot of. We'll have a camper with us - and a tent, as well. :)

donn said:
SUVs in general have very limited towing capacity.
Airstrams, although look nice are just extremely limuted for storage space.  Look closely at where you can put stuff.  That curved exterior takes so much away from interior storags space.  Look pretty, cost a bundle,,but utterly useless for more than a weekend.

I'll have to disagree. The Infiniti QX56 can pull over 9000 pounds, while a Toyota Tundra pulls 10,000. Airstreams also last a long time, which makes the loss of space quite possibly worth it. To each their own.

Back
Top Bottom