Hi from Montana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenpt

Hello all,  I have just registered to this forum.  I was researching water pump problems and tuned into this forum.  After reading through the thread, I decided this would be a great forum to get answers to questions and to get ideas from other RV'ers. Until 2001, my wife and I mostly tent camped, or slept in the back of our pickup. As older age and retirement crept up, we bought a Sportsmobile conversion van in 2001. Loved it!  In 2015, we decided a bathroom/shower would be a nice addition.  We sold the Sportsmobile for almost as much as we paid for it and splurged for a Tiger CX, which is built on a Ford F-350 4x4 diesel. Check their web site here: http://www.tigervehicles.com. We truly love the camping-in-style approach, even though the Tiger is not as plush as a 5th wheel or pusher.  But, we can get around and away from mostly other folks.

Thanks for having me here and thanks for having a great forum like this.

Ken Platt
2015 Tiger CX
Ford F-350 4x4 diesel

Welcome to the forum. That Tiger is really sharp. Heart almost stopped when I saw the price tag, though. ?

Don't forget, the price includes a brand new shiny truck!  Ours was a little cheaper because we got a new 2013 truck (0 miles) in June 2015, and got $8k off, plus we got credit for eliminating some items, such as gen and microwave.  Ken

I understand and it looks well built. Just jarring to me to see a quarter of a million on anything except, perhaps, a small home.

I've got some good friends who sold everything they had and bought a Tiger about five years ago - ordered it from the factory just as they wanted it. They've driven it everywhere, with remarkably few problems. Looked like a well built rig to me. I think theirs is on a Ford chassis too. Welcome to the RVForum!

Kev 

Yes, they are well built.  They now make 3 models.  The smallest is the Bengal.  He used to have 2 models of the Bengal, the CX and the TX.  He's now eliminated the CX, which is what we have.  Same floor plan only the CX is not as tall and the TX has double-pane windows.  Perfect for a 5ft 10inch guy and great for back road travels.  Base cost is $125,000 for an F-350.  A little cheaper for the Ram and Chevy. If you go with larger sizes, the Malayan and then the Siberian, you are looking at an F-450-550 and there the cost is getting up there to what prfcdoc had seen.  With the lager models, Tiger is competing with the Earth Roamer style but, his is cheaper priced.  Imagine spending something like $350k as is the Earth Roamer!

If you really want to see heart stopping prices check out EarthRoamers prices...http://earthroamer.com/xv-lt/pricing/

Shoot.  I was only 150k shy of their standard low price!  Too much and too big for me.  Ken

Back
Top Bottom