Hi from Nashville

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewatRVs

We are a couple that is looking for a used RV. Our budget is limited (10k or so) so we are obviously looking at older units. We have read some of the library stuff on the site and learned about looking for water damage, mold,roof problems, mechanical issues and the like.

Question is, is it reasonable to expect a decent RV at this price? Will an older RV hold up for a while? We are planning to remodel and don't mind doing some work, but we definitely don't want to inherit a bunch of unsolvable problems. I may full time in it for a while so we want something that will be able to take it. We are looking at a mid 90's Newmar Class A from a small dealer that seems in good shape, as well as a 2000 Georgie Boy Class C from Camping World that seem like it is in great shape.  Any tips are appreciated. We are looking forward to joining the RV ranks.

Thanks!
Chris and Heather

At the $10k price point, everything is suspicious and you must be extremely cautious.  I doubt if any Class A in good condition is selling that cheaply, but there are some old but well-maintained Class C's around if you hunt for them. An 80's-mid90's vintage would be in the $5k-$8k range and that leaves you some reserve for repairs, tires, etc.

thanks! We checked out the ones I mentioned and they were no good. I am also very suspicious of Camping World, the ones I saw looked like they were filthy and not maintained...We may have to increase our budget

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AvaRidge
Back
Top Bottom