HI!! From Postalpair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Postalpair

My husband and I are new to fulltiming.? We owned several different Pop-Up's when our kids were young.? But now my husband is within a few
years of retiring, so we put the house up for sale and bought a 5th wheel.? We are in the process of waiting for our new rig to be built.? We are looking for any tips on moving from a house to a 5th wheel.? We have downsized already, but looking for any tips anyone would like to pass along.
Thanks for reading.....and looking forward to contributing to this forum.

The Postalpair? ?:D

Hi Postalpair, glad you decided to join us. I don't envy your ultimate downsizing - I had a tough enough time downsizing from a 4,000 sq ft house to 2500 sq ft as our retirement home and I'm still yelling "not enough room" 5 years later. But lots of folks here have done exactly what you're in the process of doing, so hopefully they'll jump in with some suggestions/tips.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle.

Several of the Framily have done just what you are doing.  We have been fulltiming since 1998.

What 5th wheel did you buy?  What part of the country are you from?  Hopefully you will be able to join us at a RV Forum rally.

Wow!!  Thanks for the great welcome.  My husband and I are buying a Sunnybrook 5th Wheel.  Model 391-KSUT with 3 slides.  I feel like we
have seen just about every brand and model of 5th wheels on the market.  We finally settled on the Sunnybrook because it felt like a home
when we walked into it.  Most of the 5th Wheel toyhaulers were just that, toyhaulers.  This unit is set up like a home with a garage attached
to it.  We had to have a garage to take along our motorcycles.  My husband and I just love to ride.  We are currently in Florida, but we will be
retiring in 3 more years.  Then we are going to travel.  Planning on hooking up with workkamper for a little while, and doing some volunteer
work with Habitat for Humanitity. 
We would love to hook up with other members at some of the rallies.  That is one thing we want to do is make friends with other fulltimers
and go to rallies.
Thanks again for such a warm welcome. 

Postalpair  :D

Check the calendar for upcoming rallies.  There will be one in the east this fall.  We would sure like to meet you folks.  We have another couple in the framily that like to ride motorcycles.  I'm sure Jim will jump in when he sees your message.  I think they have been busy helping with the Hurricane.

Postalpair (your mother really had a sense of humor to name you that),

Welcome.

Try to come to the SE Fall Rally. ( http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=1064.msg9693#msg9693 )

We'll be there with our Sunnybrook 5th wheel along with some great folks, old and new members of the Forum.

Rally campfires are a great place to learn "stuff".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom