Hi from soon-to-leave Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nilesfrancis

Hi Everybody - I've just joined the forum as a new, and I mean new, RVer.  I'm in the process of buying a MH (Fleetwood) in the US and plan to tour all over North America, arriving in early May.  I plan to start a blog called "SFGN" - single female grey nomad - so I'm most interested in all problem solving threads that have to do with the operation and safety of these massive vehicles.  Any advice re practical driver training and thorough orientation would be most appreciated!

Welcome to the U.S. and our RV Forum.  When you pick up your motorhome be sure to have paper and pencil in hand so you can take LOTS of notes.  Also make sure they provide a thorough walk-through, not only to be sure everything is working but also to be sure you understand how to operate everything.  That's where the note-taking comes in.  It's very frustrating to remember the person telling you how to operate something, but not being able to remember the details.  If it's a multistep process, write it a #1, #2, etc.  I also would stay nearby for a few days in case anything needs fixing and in case you have more questions, especially about operating systems.

RVers tend to be a pretty nice group of people, so if you're in a campground and are having trouble with something - just stand looking at it in a perplexed way and someone probably will ask if you need help.  If there's no one around, people in campground offices usually have RVs and might be able to help or at least steer you to someone who can help you.

We and other RVing groups have rallies where you can meet other like-minded people and also learn more about how to do things.  Most subjects related to RVs and RVing have been asked about in this forum, so do learn how to use our search function so you can look things up.  If that doesn't help, then come back and ask your question here.  Many of us have been RVing for years and someone probably will have an answer to your question.

Meanwhile, having fun picking up your new home on wheels and starting your new adventure of a lifetime.

ArdraF

Welcome to The RV Forum!

If you can bring a second person to your walk-through, let them videotape it.  You know what they say - a picture is worth a thousand words.  Don't run the camera yourself - let someone else do it so you can concentrate on the presentation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom