Hi-Jackers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phew! thanks for the clarification/confirmation Don. As you see, I get protective when comments get dropped that are somewhat negative towards the staff, especially when they could easily be misunderstood by others. Folks who have never been a forum staffer have no idea how much time and effort is required of a large group of unpaid volunteers.

"Folks who have never been a forum staffer have no idea how much time and effort is required of a large group of unpaid volunteers."

Yeah, I think all you guys are doing a great job. Even Gary, who politely  chewed me out for hijacking. ;D

-Don-  Reno, NV

Gary periodically chews me out, but always does so politely  ;D  Anyone who has met Gary & his wife Nancy in person knows what really nice people they are.

I Was not looking for brownie points. just stating the truth as I see it. I have not been on this forum long. I am here because I love RVing and hope to do it full time some day. So I'm here to pick up pointers and get a feel of what to expect. I am on the board of directors for our county's head start program so I know what it is like to be a volunteer leader for a group of people who could not give a rats ... who you are or what you do. But every once in a while some one gives you a pat on the back and it makes it all worth while. To get back on topic  I feel that thread hijacking is rude at the least . I know if I was looking for infomation on a particular topic and started a thread on it only to come back at some point and find everyone talking about something totally different I would feel like my topic was not important enough to stay with and feel like sh.. and not come back and maybe wonder what I did wrong. sorry to ramble on just how I feel on the subject at hand

DonTom said:
Yeah, of course. That's why all staff members only get a single vote collectively. We all know that all staff members stick together on every single issue that comes up! ;D

That puts the vote about even! ;D

-Don-   Reno, NV

Being the newest staff member I can tell you from first hand experience that is not the case!  The personalities and depth of experience on this staff are so diverse, it couldn't happened.  We have some lively discussions in the "back room" and uphold the same requirements of ourselves as we ask of non-staffers.

The most important factor in controlling thread drift is to keep things organized.  When a new member joins us, it's so great to be able to direct them to an older thread where their question can be answered or at least provide quite a bit of information for them.  Wading through a "mis-mash" of diverse conversations intertwined with good information is frustrating.  Over the years, the staff has taken certain threads, weeded out the off-topic information and put the good stuff in a file which can be found in the library.

We try very hard to make everyone feel welcome and to not feel as though their question(s) are silly, wrong or not wanted.  We also, give it our best to provide accurate information and support no matter what type of RVing they do. 

BTW, I've come up with a new title for myself  "Thread Engineer".  ;)

Marsha~

Ron said:
Do you suposse Tom will at least double your salary with that title? ;D ;D

I'm certain of it!!! ;)

BTW, for those reading, the staff are all volunteers; and the RV forum itself depends solely on donations to keep it running.

Marsha~

Marsha/CA said:
I'm certain of it!!! ;)

BTW, for those reading, the staff are all volunteers; and the RV forum itself depends solely on donations to keep it running.

Marsha~

0 plus 0 = 0
So I think the Forum Staff should get a salary increase, Ummmmmmmmmmm like 0 that surely will put them in a different tax bracket ;D

Pat

Marsha,

You just earned 100% raise along with your new title  ;D

Marsha/CA said:
The most important factor in controlling thread drift is to keep things organized.  When a new member joins us, it's so great to be able to direct them to an older thread where their question can be answered or at least provide quite a bit of information for them.  Wading through a "mis-mash" of diverse conversations intertwined with good information is frustrating.  Over the years, the staff has taken certain threads, weeded out the off-topic information and put the good stuff in a file which can be found in the library.

I have to admit that's a good point!

-Don- (Reno, NV)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom