Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I really just picked her up cheap to make a trip or two and thought I could turn it over for a profit with a bit of work but the enjoyment we are getting out of it has been unexpected but very exciting. Now I have a strong feeling that even though this is our first RV, it probably won't be our last!
There is an RV expo in Philly this weekend and I think I'll take the GF on a surprise date to see what the future might hold!

Jason
where are you in SE PA? I am right up the road in Sanatoga from the RV show in Oaks and will be attending on Saturday.
Congrats and thanks for the updates.
Joe

Joe I'm in the Boyertown area but I'm a member of the Pottstown EAA chapter 1250 out of Limerick airport  . I was planning to go to the Oaks RV show (my first) but we had a family emergency with our goats and it got canceled :( . We were down there the next week to see the American Treasure Museum (a must do BTW) and saw many RV's still in the parking area .
Yeah I can't wait to get out for the first camp this year. Last weekend (Easter) we drove by Circle K camp ground and the place was PACKED with RVs. They got DUMPED on with rain Saturday and there was a lake in the camping area where there was not supposed to be a lake but hey, a bad day in an RV is batter than a good day sitting at home maybe?
  I picked up and installed a 12V backup camera for $30 and wired it to the upper marker light so I can use it as a nice wide angle rear view mirror when driving by just turning on the markers. I hung the monitor above the actual rear view and it's way better than the Fernell bubble slapped on the back window.  I went ahead and got 20 LED 1156 RV bulbs for $20 and swapped out all the cabin lighting with the LED's. Not stopping there I asked for and got a 100 Watt 4 panel Solar system with a charge controller from Harbor Freight for my birthday. I hooked up two of the 4 panels and charged the deep cycle cabin cell up from 11.5 V to 12.8V in about 2 hours on a nice sun day. The panels are being used full time for a wireless security camera setup but can be pulled down in sets of two in under 10 minutes if I want to take it on the road and each panel has a fold out stand. Nice setup! I many pick up a second charge controller to wire it into the RV so I can still run the cameras when I'm on the road so I can monitor them online but we will see. I really want to do some boon docking as the camp grounds around here all book out months in advance. 
Any good boon dock ideas from anyone in SE Pa ?
Next project is to try to repair and reinstall the awning.

Jason
My Daughter lives in Boyertown on Main by the pizza store. I am camping this weekend at Green Lane, boondocking. Plenty of available sites and may be a great way to get used to the new RV. Not far from home and a good test to see how long you can stretch your capabilities. Rain tonight but should be nicer tomorrow. It is mostly tents that camp there but they say RV's up to 25' are welcome. There is also a group site which usually has Boy Scouts or other large groups. $20.00 night for Montgomery Co residents maybe 25-30 for non residents
Joe

Thanks Joe, yeah my mailing address is Perkiomenville but I'm actually in Boyertown School district. Geen Lane park is actually a little too close LOL. I hike bike and paddle the park pretty often as it's in biking distance from my house but I'll give it some thought. I lived in an apartment in the Mobil home park that has direct access to the Green Lane park for 10 years before we bought the farm house and I have covered every inch of every trail system on my bike. LOL.  I'm not sure if they allow generators in there? I don't think they allow alcohol and I'm not sure about dogs. The park has to many crazy rules for it's size LOL. I have gotten chased down for riding my mountain bike on the wrong trails and once for having the nerve to show up on Deep Creek lake and throw some charcoal into their grills without getting a permit . LOL. I brought up the boon docking to my GF and she was like, well why don't we just spend a week on my Dad's 500 acre hunting property in Bradford? Why not indeed! So we are planning that and I'm really excited. She has not been up since she was a kid and I have never been.

I sold my FZR 600 sport bike and may sell my 400 Enduro dirt bike too and pick up a cheap Chinese dual sport that's street legal and light enough to put on a hitch hauler so we can do some 2 up trail exploring and ride to town if need be without packing up the RV. I'm looking at the Tao Tao TBR7 230 cc. Should be light enough for the GF to handle if need be if I fall down a gas well or something . It's like $1300 brand new shipped to your door.  LOL.
https://www.superiorpowersports.com/250_Gas_Motorcycle_p/tt250mc-tbr7.htm?keyword=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv9mY5tyJ4gIVl0wNCh0L4wljEAkYASABEgJw4vD_BwE

Back
Top Bottom