Hide a Bed Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiaVet

Being new to RVs we have a question for the group here on the forum.  The hide a bed in our RV (2007 Georgie Boy Landau) when you unfold it, it is not flat.  When you pull it out the part that goes up behind the back of the couch doesn't lay flat like the rest of the bed.  You head is at an approx. 20-30 degree angle, not flat like in a normal bed.  Is this suppose to be like this?   We have never seen a hide a bed that when you unfold it from the couch it doesn't lay flat.

Thanks
Ken and Cindy

If its an 07 it should still be new enough to be under warranty. I would take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. It may be that something is binding and it is just not pulling out far enough.

Woody

Hmmm...our hide a bed in the sofa in our living room has a feature that allows the head of the bed to stay up like that, to make it easier to watch TV. Could you have something like that?

LuAnn

MLCBFarrell said:
Hmmm...our hide a bed in the sofa in our living room has a feature that allows the head of the bed to stay up like that, to make it easier to watch TV. Could you have something like that?

LuAnn

Boy if that is a feature, our friends who slept on it sure don't like it. They said there was no way to get comfortable and they looked to see if there was some kind of a latch to flatten it out but couldn't find anything.  We looked the next morning and didn't see anything either.

Ken & Cindy

Woody said:
If its an 07 it should still be new enough to be under warranty. I would take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. It may be that something is binding and it is just not pulling out far enough.

Woody

It's in the shop today to have that and a few other things looked at and fixed.  Hopefully they can fix it.  BTW Woody, I think you are the member that told us about Hidden Paradise campground is IN.  We went there this past weekend and absolutely loved it.  Got a place right on the river as you suggested.  That will definitely be on our list for a return visit.

Ken & Cindy

I'm glad you liked it. It's a nice quiet campground, especially at this time of the year. We were there last week. Got there on Tues and left on Thurs. Except for one overnighter and a couple that came in the morning we left we had the campground to ourselves.
I just enjoy sitting in a chair and watching the river roll by.

Woody

We went Friday and returned home Sun.  Have to agree with you sitting and watching the river was pretty much all we did.  There were several Trailers and some pop-ups there but no one was right next to us.  We tried our hand at fishing but seeing that neither of us had fished since our 20s lunch was not with us.  ;D  I forgot how many stars you can see at night when you don't have city lights to spoil it.

Ken, I'm sure your guests DIDN'T like sleeping like that! Your post made me laugh. It took us a while to figure it out, when we had that problem with ours. There was a bar (now, mind you, it's been a LONG time since we used it) that would hold the head up, or we had to put it down to lie flat. Since we don't normally use the mattress for anything but sleeping (when it is used), we never used the feature. I have to say, this was (and is) our first sleeper sofa here in the house, and it will be the last! We bought it new when we were newlyweds, so that we had room for company. But we soon found out (by sleeping on it ourselves one night) that if we wanted our guests to return, we better not make them sleep on it! We soon started topping it off with a cheap air mattress to make it more comfortable. So much for paying extra for that innerspring mattress! Hope you make out well with your sofa!

LuAnn

Back
Top Bottom