Hillsboro Cove COE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasillaguy

My new favorite campground.
Near Marion, Kansas (N of Wichita), this park had just about everything I like.
-Huge sites. Some of them have to be close to 1/4 acre. Some have big lawns.
- Pads are gravel, but they're huge. My rig is 32' and I could park it facing any direction I wanted. After pulling in, I got online and the reservation said for my site, I needed to change vehicle length to 25 ft. or less. I complied with their request.
-Waterfront. If water levels were normal, many sites have a spot deep enough to pull your boat right up to shore.
-covered steel picnic tables, on a concrete pad.
-adjustable grill height on the fire pit.
-high end grill with ash clean out door, bottom grate to get air under your charcoal, adjustable grill height.
Primitive, electric only, water/electric, and full hook-up sites are all available waterfront.

A little off the beaten path for most? Yes. But with COE pricing and 1/2 off with a senior pass, this is an awesome spot.

Attachments

• 20231005_164425.jpg
    20231005_164425.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 8
Which campground? Cottonwood Point(164 sites), Hillsborough(51 sites), or French Creek Cove(20 sites)? All are Recreation dot gov COE campgrounds located on Marion Reservoir.

Long Long Honeymoon recently visited Tuttle Creek Cove Campground a COE campground located on Tuttle Creek Lake (also a COE impoundment) near Manhattan KS about 65 miles as the crow flies NNW of Marion Reservoir. They are going to college football games this fall and went to the Kansas State last video, Eastern Kentucky the week before and U Tenn the week before that, starting off the series. Something different for them. Sean had a lot good to say about the site and the campground.

Charles

Which campground? Cottonwood Point(164 sites), Hillsborough(51 sites), or French Creek Cove(20 sites)? All are Recreation dot gov COE campgrounds located on Marion Reservoir.

Long Long Honeymoon recently visited Tuttle Creek Cove Campground a COE campground located on Tuttle Creek Lake (also a COE impoundment) near Manhattan KS about 65 miles as the crow flies NNW of Marion Reservoir. They are going to college football games this fall and went to the Kansas State last video, Eastern Kentucky the week before and U Tenn the week before that, starting off the series. Something different for them. Sean had a lot good to say about the site and the campground.

Charles
It was Cottonwood Point.
It's broken up into 3 branches. Lower numbered sites had fewer amenities. The full hookups sites are furthest into the park and the highest numbered.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdhaef
Back
Top Bottom