homebrew beer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Check out this web page.

The owners named Jim he can give you all the info you will need.  I make wine and go to him with questions.

He also sells beer kits.

Jim W

http://www.arborwine.com/index.html

I started with a mr Beer Kit. It will make 2.5 gal. Very simple process.
www.mrbeer.com

Well that is a loaded question.  There are many levels of brewing with a whole lot of options.  You can go simple, canned ingredients into water up to a full brewing process much like the national or micro brewers in your area only on a much smaller scale.  There are many good books out there to help you decide and can help with the equipment you'll need.
I'm a home brewer, have been for about 15 years and I enjoy the project and reaping the rewards as well  ;D  No problem to take along the brew in your camper...just brew at home, age and either bottle or keg and take it with you.  You will most likely be brewing a 5 gallon batch and I recommend purchasing the 22 ounce bottles for the simple reason of less capping and less clean up to do.  Taking a keg may be a bit more of a challenge though purchasing a dorm frig and converting it into a kegorator is doable.  Plenty of plans on the web for that as well.
I recommend starting with a home brew supply company and pick up one of their DVD's along with your brew kit.  There are quite a few good ones out there and I order my stuff from several:  Northern Brewer, Austin's Home Brew Supply, Midwest supplies, The Home brewery to name a few.  Good luck and Cheers! 
For more info check out this link: http://www.basicbrewing.com/index.php?page=home

8)
Another home brewer!

I haven't brewed any in our RV........yet.
The last batch I did was in the middle of August. I brewed up a batch of high gravity Porter with 32 oz raw honey.
Took a month to finish fermenting, and had to rack it twice.......but it was well worth it.
Next week........2 batches..........Imperial IPA and a winter stout.

I love homebrew!!!

John Palmer has a great online how to brew manual http://www.howtobrew.com/.

Start simple use dry extract and cry yeast to get your feet wet without alot of exess stuff. If you know anybody that homebrews, ask questions! If not, see if there is a homebrew club around. Next best thing is a good homebrew store. Lots have classes to start you off.

I currently use both dry and liquid extract and specialty grains. I use almost exclusively dry yeast. It's come a long way since I started brewing 16 years ago!

You will never look at beer in the store the same way once you have homebrewed!

The best stuff ever.

If you are full timing, a Mr Beer Kit is the easiest way to go.  Taste good and you will have alot less equipment to store.  I use Northern Brewers the most as they have a flat $7.00 shipping fee.  Liquid extract can be heavy.  Barkingside.com is a company that really can provide alot of info and can provide grains, yeast, dry or liq extract.  These two companies make the kit on site using many different combos of grain and extract.  Alot of the other sites sell everything in a kit form.
  They also can sell just the kits too.  E C Kraus also sells a wide variety of kits.  All 3 will sell wine making kits also.  Both wine and beer are easy to make-just follow the directions that come with
the kit.

No matter which way you do it, I think you will find it most rewarding.  The kits may say ready to drink in 4-6 weeks, but I find it much better tasting at 2-3 months or longer.

I remember my dad making home brew, I liked the yeast smell of it, it really smelled good.  It also was quite interesting the time he made some and the caps started blowing off.  Seems like mom wasn't amused.  I wasn't all that old by the way, maybe 7 or 8.

I tasted some of it and it was good, a lot different then purchased beer.  I also remember him making a batch, the alcohol level was so strong they and their friends got drunk on just a few bottles.  It was potent apparently. :eek:  After that batch, dad gave up beer making. 

Making beer is easy.  You can get all sorts of kits to match your taste.  I made my own beer for many years until wife's remodeling did away with my bottle storage area.  But we both think that the home brew taste was as good as it gets.  If I ever get a good place to store about 3 cases, I'll start doing it again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom