Hooking up a propane tank to rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Typically there are 100 lb cylinders like I mentioned before.  I have never seen  250 lb tank, it is a 250 gallon tank (at approx 4 lbs per gallon that would be 1000 lbs +)  there is also a 100 gallon tank, these are considered bulk tanks and will be filled by a propane delivery truck, normally they are either leased or purchased. 

If you are in a permanent location, you could buy a 250 or 500 gallon tank.  Prices per gallon are much lower and the truck driver will make all the hook up connections and check for leaks too. 

I currently lease a 500 gallon tank for $38 per year.  I fill it about once a year when we are home in our house.  I have several neighbors who live in TTs and thy have 500 gallon tanks as well.

I finally contacted the propane delivery people. I would have to buy the 250# tank for about $600 If I got a 500# or gallon not sure which it would be, I would have to buy a large amount of propane for the year. I am only going to be in this spot for this winter and spring, so it does not make it practical. I have 4 30# tanks and I guess I will just have to fill go fill them when needed. I just wanted something simpler. Thanks all, Cathy

Four 30 pounders you should have no problem... If a motor home fill the onboard, and use an Extend-a-stay, when the 30 pounder runs out open the main and change tanks (or just change tanks)

On a trailer with removable tanks when one empties swap it out when you have two empties re-fill.

For Very long term parking a Propane dealer can bring you some rather large tanks and hook them up in place of your on-board in most cases.

For shorter terms like I said I use the Extend-a-stay.  Works great for me.. One of the first mods I did to this beast.

Right now HEATING is not... the problem.. COOLILNG is at least till 2 mondays from now.

Back
Top Bottom