Hookup a blue ray player to tv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LBFraser

Hi, is it possible to hook up a blue ray player to the current entertainment system in our trailer? The one we have now sometimes fails to play dvd's and is most frustrating! It is a system that combines DVD and CD playing output. Also, access to the back of the flatscreen appears to be difficult. Would we have to have another player installed by the rv dealer?

Does your TV and player have HDMI? To me, that would be the way to go.

Yes, but some dvd's fail to play regardless of tv settings. Audio works well though

It can easily be done IF you have the auxiliary input connections needed on the TV and you can get access to them. Check the specs for the particular make and model of TV first. Access on some installations may be more difficult than others but it can be done. Remember that the TV was one of the last things added when the RV was built.

Our current and prior rigs had TVs that mounted with a "keyhole" type bracket. Securely holding the TV with one hand put your other hand on the bottom and give it a bump up to see if it pops out of the bracket. One of our mounts did have a pin that had to be removed first, though.

Since you have a 2016 model I am sure you have an HDMI port on your TV. Just take a look on the sides or bottom and make sure.
We had a similar problem with the entertainment system (Jensen). CD's were fine and I have a connection for our iPhones so music was not an issue. Problem was the DVD player in the entertainment system.
Assuming you have the HDMI port you can buy a blu-ray DVD player and connect it to your TV. Just need a place to set it and the ac outlet. You might need to put it away while you travel if you can't find a permanent location close to your TV.

Stan

I too will support the "Feed the HDMI port" option.. On my RV the CD/DVD player is 12 years old adn I don't think it has 12 hours of run time.. I don't do much DVDing and most CD work is done on the dash unit while rollign, rolling, rolling.. or on the DVD player in my car... (A DVD player in the car.. Well it's a portable feeding aux in on the Dash AM/FM/FM/Cassette, and Portable CD players are very vibration senistive, not enough buffer, but the DVD player has .. Well,, Lots and lots of buffer so if it looses "Sync" with the CD.. by the time the buffer is empty and the sound is lost.. The thing has re-synced and refilled the buffer so I never notice... Plus, I can always use it as a portable DVD too.  Just not on the road (I may use it as such the end of the month for a DVD or two.. Don't know yet)

I also have the ability to blue-tooth it to headsets for sound or to a larger receiver.. I'm thinking about installing a full time blue tooth Audio receiver here in the RV for assorted reasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom