Hop,Skip Jump Rally 09 Daily Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ArdraF said:
Thought you might enjoy seeing what we have in store for you hikers next year!  ;D  This is a picture of Chimney Rock and Jerry added some notations.  The viewpoint is actually above the Chimney Rock so there's an optical illusion.  It actually looks worse than it is....

ArdraF

Ardra:

Sure! Just a 45 minute hike, right?

Since I am trying to talk Ned into doing the H,S, & J next year I hope that you will be doing some of the same hikes again, PLEASE.

Lorna said:
Since I am trying to talk Ned into doing the H,S, & J next year I hope that you will be doing some of the same hikes again, PLEASE.

Lorna:

Except for Angels Landing it sounds great to me; in fact we have a couple more to try.  8)

Ron said:
What you aren't planning on doing Angels Landing again.  I bet Jerry would be willing to lead. ;)

AS a matter of fact he said he would with more food and water. He'll need some new hiking partners though, Terry, Don, and I decided once was enough!

Jeff said:
AS a matter of fact he said he would with more food and water. He'll need some new hiking partners though, Terry, Don, and I decided once was enough!

But you guys are experienced now so it should be easy. ;D

Jeff - The Chimney Rock Trail loop was 3.5 miles and the entire loop took us 1 hour 45 minutes, including many catch-our-breath stops, photo stops and a lunch break.  You'd have to be in tip top condition to do that in only 45 minutes - and even Jerry doesn't qualify for that!  ;)

Lorna - We'll do this (Chimney Rock) trail again and invite others to join us.  So start getting in shape!  Remember all these places are at higher altitudes!

Ron - Angel's Landing is NOT on MY agenda again.  Twice is enough for me....  Hmm, actually once was enough but I'm a slow learner.  There are many really neat hikes in Zion that are easier than it and just as much fun.

At Bryce I really want to do the Peekaboo Trail again and Jerry's talking about doing the Rim Trail.

ArdraF

We are in PHX for 7 to 8 weeks before heading to the Northwest. Our trip from Torrey to Rapid City was a day and a half. From RC to PHX was a little over 1300 miles and took two days to drive. The first days we drove mostly two lane roads (some non interstate four lane) from RC, SD to Colorado Springs, then on to I25 south. The route from RC to Colorado Springs was a nice drive avoiding Denver.

We really enjoyed the HSJ rally.

Thank you Betty for all your work.

ken & sheila

Ardra,

I am working on getting in shape already.  Took my granddaughters swimming today and did seven laps in the pool.  Plan on doing some biking in Door County, WI and Washington Island across Death's Door from Door County next week while we are there for my son's wedding.

Back
Top Bottom