Hot water overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ask me at Moab about my adventure in draining the HWT last summer.

No, just a simple job gone awry.  It involves the relief valve, too, and the rule "Never start a plumbing job on a Sunday".

I broke the nylon plug in Louisiana a few years ago.  This episode involved the relief valve.

Ned said:
I broke the nylon plug in Louisiana a few years ago.? This episode involved the relief valve.

Does that mean rule two is to have a spare nylon plug when ever you drain & flush the tank? ::) ??? ::)

No, have a new, brass, plug on hand first.  I got one with a petcock for draining and anode rod too.

Ned said:
No, have a new, brass, plug on hand first.? I got one with a petcock for draining and anode rod too.

I remove the  the plug to flush the tank.  I don't see how the tank can be flushed though a petcock.  I do keep a spare nylon plug on hand.  and have replace one once just because I figured it was time.  However I still have the old plug on board somewhere to just in case. ;)

I remove the? the plug to flush the tank.? I don't see how the tank can be flushed though a petcock.? I do keep a spare nylon plug on hand.? and have replace one once just because I figured it was time.? However I still have the old plug on board somewhere to just in case.
I totally agree with Ned. Get a brass petcock w/anode. You can use the petcock to renew the "head" by opening it and the pressure relief valve to suck some air in, or remove it completely for flushing. Don't forget your teflon tape. I would also recommend you find that old nylon plug and toss it.

Back
Top Bottom