House Battery Wires to Onan Genny ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmugs

My question concerns the wiring that attach to the house batteries. I know where the large red & black go, as well as the smaller red one.
The issue is a white one that comes up out of the loom. I assume this also goes to positive, but we all know assumptions can cause big trouble sometimes.

Can anyone advise me on this white wire??
The batteries were taken out by someone else, and I wasn't present to take note.

Thanks a bunch.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about where it goes until you trace it back to the source and see exactly where it starts.

I was hoping someone would have the same setup, as I have trouble crawling around anymore. I can't see any reason for it to connect to the negative post.
The wire has a battery connector loop on the end, no power to it, and no continuity to the frame.

I'll try to trace it tomorrow.

I'm a bit confused - the subject says "house batetry wires to genny" but your message indicates you don't know where the white wire goes.  Are you talking about a wire bundle from the genny itself, or something else?

Mornin Gary,
This is one of the wires at the house batteries, its about 20 guage with a loop connector for a threaded/wingnut post.

Had a bit of a rough night, so I'm trying to coffee up and get back on this.

A wire that thin sounds like a voltage sense for a voltmeter or charge controller.  Leave it off temporarily, taped up so it doesn't short against anything, and see what doesn't work.

Ok, found where that sucker goes. Its a hot wire (for maybe an interior light in a toy trailer) back by the hitch. It rings out on continuity and gets a reading when touched to the house battery. Won't be using it, so its marked and ziptied out of the way.

Whew, glad that's done, got sand in my shorts, so I'm off to the shower.

Gary, since you mentioned it before I wondered myself. At the time I was kinda frustrated I guess.

I'll try to do better next time ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom