House water pump stopped.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's no 'controller', just the pressure switch on the pump itself (unless it's the Shurflo Smart Series, it can vary the pump speed but it's is still on the pump itself.)

Sorry I raised the question about a pump switching controller or relay. Doesn't seem to be applicable here.

Daffy: Since you have three pump switches, I can all but guarantee yours has a pump switch controller (relay). The wiring needed to make three switches work any other way is quite complex, whereas using a control module is simple and inexpensive. But RV builders have made a liar of me before...

Gary RV Roamer said:
Sorry I raised the question about a pump switching controller or relay. Doesn't seem to be applicable here.

Daffy: Since you have three pump switches, I can all but guarantee yours has a pump switch controller (relay). The wiring needed to make three switches work any other way is quite complex, whereas using a control module is simple and inexpensive. But RV builders have made a liar of me before...

That makes total sense.

Gary RV Roamer said:

My 99 Brave has three switches and no controller.

OK, I yield. Winnebagos apparently don't use pump controllers. I thought the folks at Winnie were smarter than that, but I am too often surprised.

3 or more switches for a single device requires at least one specialized switch (called a 4-way) and extra wiring between them. Here is one diagram:

http://users.wfu.edu/matthews/courses/p230/switches/SwitchesTut.html

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom