Houston RV show this week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Isaac-1

My wife and I went to the Houston RV show for a couple of hours this afternoon as it was just down the street from our hotel, as we were in the area for a couple of medical appointments. This is an indoor RV show in the large NRG center with hundreds of RV's of all types, we did not have time to see all of them, and in fact only saw perhaps a quarter of the motorhomes on display, this was the first RV show we have been to since Covid hit, our last being the local regional show with perhaps a dozen motorhomes and perhaps three dozen trailers in early 2020. One thing I was happy to see was bit of innovation in floor plans to the level I have not seen in some years, this included a Class A toyhauler with rear patio deck, and convertible garage/bedroom, layouts with flat panel TV's in Televators built into the counter top so as to extend the kitchen cabinet by 3-4 feet when the TV is in the down position, various takes on B and B+ vans with Murphy beds, drop down beds above bicycle /sports garages, B and B+ vans with pop up tent beds on the roof including built in stairways to get to these soft loft beds, etc. After over a decade of more or less the same old thing year after year, this is somewhat refreshing. If we have time before we leave town tomorrow we may go back for a second round and see the rest of the show, My wife has an 8 am appointment in the morning at the medical center and the show opens at noon, so it kind of depend on how long her appointment takes, and how late we are ok with getting home, which is a 3 hour drive away)

By change did you see a Winnebago Ekko? The RV show is coming up here to Dallas in a few weeks and I'd like to take a look at one.

By change did you see a Winnebago Ekko? The RV show is coming up here to Dallas in a few weeks and I'd like to take a look at one.
Have you watched the you tube channel, Van Trekking Lifestyle , which currently owns an EKKO and has done a good job on providing some great details on the pluses and minuses too. There are several videos on just the unit.

I am not sure if I saw in EKKO or not, there were several more ruggedized style Class B and B+ coaches at the show, some were from Winnebago.

Have you watched the you tube channel, Van Trekking Lifestyle , which currently owns an EKKO and has done a good job on providing some great details on the pluses and minuses too. There are several videos on just the unit.
Yes, I've been watching a bunch of different Ekko channels. Just never seen one in the wild yet.

My wife and I went to the Houston RV show for a couple of hours this afternoon as it was just down the street from our hotel, as we were in the area for a couple of medical appointments. This is an indoor RV show in the large NRG center with hundreds of RV's of all types, we did not have time to see all of them, and in fact only saw perhaps a quarter of the motorhomes on display, this was the first RV show we have been to since Covid hit, our last being the local regional show with perhaps a dozen motorhomes and perhaps three dozen trailers in early 2020. One thing I was happy to see was bit of innovation in floor plans to the level I have not seen in some years, this included a Class A toyhauler with rear patio deck, and convertible garage/bedroom, layouts with flat panel TV's in Televators built into the counter top so as to extend the kitchen cabinet by 3-4 feet when the TV is in the down position, various takes on B and B+ vans with Murphy beds, drop down beds above bicycle /sports garages, B and B+ vans with pop up tent beds on the roof including built in stairways to get to these soft loft beds, etc. After over a decade of more or less the same old thing year after year, this is somewhat refreshing. If we have time before we leave town tomorrow we may go back for a second round and see the rest of the show, My wife has an 8 am appointment in the morning at the medical center and the show opens at noon, so it kind of depend on how long her appointment takes, and how late we are ok with getting home, which is a 3 hour drive away)
Very interesting. We're currently staying at Stephen F. Austin State Park about an hour west of Houston. We did see an ad for the show but after just a bit of research I got the idea that it wasn't all that large a show. But that's comparing it to shows like Tampa & Harrisburg which isn't a fair comparison.

We're also mainly interested in motorhomes and thought perhaps that TTs would be dominant displays. But apparently that's not the case? Of course all the RV related products are always of interest as well. Just need to leave the ol' credit card at home perhaps.

Based on your input, we may venture to the show in the next day or two!

It is probably 1/4 to 1/3 motorhomes, but it is in a very large indoor exhibit hall (over 700,000 sq ft) so still several dozen motorhomes indoors. Unfortunately there are not many RV product booths, just a handful for things like hitch accessories, sun visors, plus those vendors that set up at all sorts of shows, ie back massagers, rain gutter screens, etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom