Houston, TX --> New Orleans, LA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am glad it mostly worked out for you, fog can be a real issue on the upper Texas gulf coast this time of year.

Arrrgh!  Between this thread and the other one about Abbeville, I'm wanting a shrimp Po'boy really bad.  Too bad I'm 1800 miles west.  Guess I'll have to settle for a plate of Chile Verde.

Old_Crow said:
Arrrgh!  Between this thread and the other one about Abbeville, I'm wanting a shrimp Po'boy really bad.  Too bad I'm 1800 miles west.  Guess I'll have to settle for a plate of Chile Verde.

Maybe they will ship overnight....Just depends how bad you really want it ;D ;D

Old_Crow said:

Iph you get near foenix try the Angry Crab SHack
From the menu
Po' Boy Lettuce, tomato, pickle and cajun mayo on baguette; Shrimp $10, Soft Shell Crab $15, Catfish $10, Beer Battered Cod $10
pretty good phood

Old_Crow said:

Old Crow, I’ll think of you while I’m putting down several, likely May. Maybe a Catfish Po’Boy as well. Oh, and, the crawfish season should be at it’s peak about then.....so, a sack or two of crawfish may happen. Just like last year!

If we time it right....maybe make the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival!

darsben said:
Iph you get near foenix try the Angry Crab SHack
From the menu
Po' Boy Lettuce, tomato, pickle and cajun mayo on baguette; Shrimp $10, Soft Shell Crab $15, Catfish $10, Beer Battered Cod $10
pretty good phood
You didn't have to mention soft shell crab.  Both wife and I born in New Orleans and frequented Cajun country during out growing up years.  I sure miss Po'Boys and the thought of soft shell crab makes me want to jump in the car and make tracks for Cajun country.  Trying to remember what is in season in months with an R - is that oysters?

Bill

Bill N said:
You didn't have to mention soft shell crab.  Both wife and I born in New Orleans and frequented Cajun country during out growing up years.  I sure miss Po'Boys and the thought of soft shell crab makes me want to jump in the car and make tracks for Cajun country.  Trying to remember what is in season in months with an R - is that oysters?

Bill

Months that end in ?R? sounds about right, you want the water cooler. I know you only want to take rabbits in a month ending in ?R?.....same reason. Needs to be cooler....safer to eat!

Well, by April 1st we'll be parked at 7200' in the southeastern Sierras near Bishop for the summer.  Doesn't look to be a big selection of sea food restaurants near Bishop, so I guess I'll have to wait on it for a while.  You guys enjoy.

Crawfish, that was the one good thing about my wife's heart surgery last year.  We were still in town when my son did the annual crawfish boil for his church.  When he was buying for the church boil, he got about 20-30 lbs for himself and did a boil at his house for the whole family(except my wife, of course).  All the kids had made it from the various states they lived in, and it was a great stress reliever from all the days we were spending at the hospital.

Old Crow, Hoping that all is well with your wife, and enjoy your 7200 feet of elevation. My wife was born and raised in a Wyoming town at 6950 feet elevation down at the river.....everything was up from there. It gave the true meaning of “downtown”!

We like elevation.  Our last 3 summers have been spent at altitude.  Last year was 7200' on Mt Lemmon, the 2 years before that were at around 8000' near the north rim of the Grand Canyon.
Lynn is doing really good, but I think the whole month in the hospital and 3 month recovery has seemed to have aged her a bit.  Still, better than the alternative.

Darsben,  Check out Lake Fausse Point state park, near New Iberia.  We really like that park.

https://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-state-parks/parks/lake-fausse-pointe-state-park/

Memtb said:
    Old Crow, Hoping that all is well with your wife, and enjoy your 7200 feet of elevation. My wife was born and raised in a Wyoming town at 6950 feet elevation down at the river.....everything was up from there. It gave the true meaning of ?downtown?!

By that definition, Denver has a "down"town, too, as does Albuquerque...  ::) ;D ;D

Old_Crow said:
We like elevation.  Our last 3 summers have been spent at altitude.  Last year was 7200' on Mt Lemmon, the 2 years before that were at around 8000' near the north rim of the Grand Canyon.
Lynn is doing really good, but I think the whole month in the hospital and 3 month recovery has seemed to have aged her a bit.  Still, better than the alternative.

Darsben,  Check out Lake Fausse Point state park, near New Iberia.  We really like that park.

https://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-state-parks/parks/lake-fausse-pointe-state-park/

Well, if the heart and lungs can handle 8K feet.....I?d say you two are doing pretty good! 

Larry N. said:
By that definition, Denver has a "down"town, too, as does Albuquerque...  ::) ;D ;D

Maybe a little different, while those are much, did I say ?much? bigger. With this little town, once you leave the road that parallels the river.....I think every street is at a 5+% grade. The first time that I truly appreciated this, was when I road my bicycle downtown.....returning home was a work-out!  :)

darsben said:
I intend to make the Beaux Bridge festival n early May does anyone have info on the onsite camping?  Does it fill fast?  I called but lady not to informative

If we make it to the area at the right time, we plan on making a day-trip to Breaux Bridge. If the planets align, we may be there at the same time! Maybe see you there! 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
video7
Back
Top Bottom