How bout those Cubs!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and in the ensuing celebrations all around Chicago and Wrigley field .....nothing was damaged.

Congratulations to all of Chicago,  a class act.. 

Bill N said:
I'll still take Game 6, 2011 World Series, Cardinals vs Rangers as the best World Series game ever.  I am 77 years old and have seen my share but even as a Cardinals fan I don't ever recall more suspense than that one.

Although I don't remember the specifics, I do remember that game and I was actually camping that weekend!  My cousin had a big screen projector outside of his RV with the outdoor speakers on, we were in a semi-private loop of the campground watching the game around the campfire, whooping and hollering at some of the awesome plays and turnarounds.  Good times.  I suppose that's how Cubs fans felt this year.  ;)

TonyDtorch said:
Congratulations to all of Chicago,  a class act.. 

Eh... living somewhat close to Chicago and having been there dozens of times in my lifetime, I'll stop way short of calling the city a "class act" for a variety of reasons.  It's one of those places that's sometimes nice to visit and look at from the outside, but I would NEVER want to live there.  Traffic is horrible and the number of safe places to be in Chicago is quickly diminishing.

I also know Chicago as well as many other large cities in America and Canada,

What I meant was,    it was nice to see people behave with class,  especially in a large city sports victory celebration.

it's Chicago and I guess it's sad that I almost half expected riots and looting. 

TonyDtorch said:
What I meant was,    it was nice to see people behave with class,  especially in a large city sports victory celebration.

I guess it's sad that I almost expected a riot after so many years of loosing. 

Gotcha.  ;)  And I agree with that.

Did not watch the game but there was a lovely grapic (Pre-game) on Facebook.

The Devil and one of his minions huddled in blankets, Icecicles hanging down around them and the caption
The Cubs and the Indians are in the Superbowl.

Hey, it happens. 

scottydl said:
...but I would NEVER want to live there.  Traffic is horrible and the number of safe places to be in Chicago is quickly diminishing.

If traffic is bad then do like I did; take the EL. The city has more safe neighborhoods than it used to, thanks to gentrification. Chicago has it's problems but it's still a great city, if you like cities. The main thing rural Illinois has over Chicago is pork tenderloin sandwiches, Gondola sandwiches from Peoria are good too. And the boilermakers out of Local 63, Peoria are as good as any in the country.

I'll tell who dislikes the Cubs more than Cardinals fans: White Sox fans. It's a Chicago thing.

scottydl said:
I am a Cardinals fan (with a good-natured "arch enemy" style rivalry with the Cubs) so I became an Indians fan for this Series, but...

...I cannot disagree with this in the slightest.  What an exciting game, and even I'll admit that the Cubs won it fair and square.  ;)

I'll miss all the years of referencing 1908 though.  Ironically enough, the second-place Indians now take over the team record for the longest span since winning a World Series title (1948).
While I used to be a DIE HARD Cubs fan, have got away from watching baseball much anymore. I did watch this fall when my son told me they were doing good. I never thought I'd ever see them win. I have to admit I was hooping and hollering this year. I'm very happy to be able to see them win.

Scotty, I've always rooted for the Cardinals EXCEPT when they are playing the cubs. I used to bet on the series between the Cards and Cubs, WON lots of beer on those bets.

Back
Top Bottom