How can I send/receive fax in R.V.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

December

Hello out there!
My wife has a small home business and needs to occasionally send or receive faxes. We have a Dell laptop with XP and a bluetooth dongle and a wireless printer/scanner/fax/copier. We have a bluetooth cellphone using AT&T. Can we work these to do the fax thing? I am assuming there is no land phone service at the campsite. I couldn't find a topic on this on the Forum. We want to extend our trips, but still need to keep the bucks comin' in!!

We've used MaxEmail for years and found it's about the cheapest and most reliable of the fax services.  We had Efax but they priced themselves out of our market as we only have occasional need for sending and receiving faxes.

We use the Faxitnice.com internet fax service. You use your printer as a scanner and a printer rather than its built in fax function, which requires an analog phone line to work. With internet services, you scan paper into the computer and transmit via internet to the fax service (or send direct form the computer if the document is already in it, e.g. your word processor or spreadsheet files. You receive faxes from the service as emails and you can print them if you need a paper copy.

If you fax a lot, a service with a monthly subscription and low per page rates is best. If you only fax once in awhile, you want a service with no monthly charge and just pay be page when you need it.

Just Google 'internet fax' and you will find dozens of services - chose one that has the best price structure for your needs.

Hello!
Wow! Thanks all for the tips. This certainly answers the question..once again real simple!
December

Back
Top Bottom