How do I reach the center of the air deflector over the cab for exterior maint?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

I have a WInnie Aspect that has a fiberglass air deflector over the cab of the E450 chassis.  I am working on the exterior and wondering how people reach the center of the deflector for cleaning and waxing.  In my case it needs a cleaning with polishing compound so it requires the ability to put a little elbow grease into it.

My wife though someone could sit in the bucket of our tractor and get to it.  While that would probably work I doubt that's the usual solution.

thx to anyone taking the time to offer advice.

mark in MN

I bought an 8ft extention pole for doing windows. I bought the window scrubber/squeegee with it. I modified a brush attachment to fit on the pole for washing. I could not find brushes for the extension pole fitting. I think I bought it at Lowes but all the cheap houses have them in varying sizes. Some extend far enough to reach your deflector and anywhere else you need. Figure out what length you need and check out the stores. You may need to make a slight modification so you can fit the standard thread brush on to it or you can wander into the paint department and look at the extention poles for paint rollers. I believe those poles use the standard thread for brush attachments found in the home and garden dept. Little pricier though.

Update.... I just came back From Wally World. They have roller extention poles with the standard thread fitting for $14 in the paint department. Real nice and half the price of the depot. I picked one up and will use for windows and washing. It is quite long looks to be about 8 ft when extended. It is built much stronger than the standard extention poles found in the home and garden sections.

Wally World sells soft car wash brushes on an extendable aluminum pole that attaches to a garden hose. My RV is 11'6" high and I have no trouble reaching the top. Because it shrinks down to 3' foot I use it on the cars also.

Hard to beat an 8' brush and the green stuff.

Attachments

• 8' Brush 2.jpg
    8' Brush 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Simple Green 2.jpg
    Simple Green 2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 9
O.K. Not helpful, but..being a country girl stuck in the city, I think the tractor sounds way more fun!!

I too have a pole to reach the high places. Seems like they are all high places, doesn't it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom