How early do you leave a CG ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The reason they want the engine running, when lowering the jacks, is to insure a full voltage supply to the pump motor

Hooking to shore power on my rig will do that as well (So I can use the accessory position on the switch)

Raising the jacks... Well, there is one reason and only one to raise them once you have leveled (With a couple of special exceptions) and you are gonna need to run the engine... Example of exception.. Had The lovely RV-Girl install a pan-hard bar,  At one point we had to raise jacks w/o moving the rig (But shore power abounded there,, In fact it was the "hotest" spot in the park shore power wise (The transformer was my next space neighbor)

I do someitimes have to raise them if I can't get leveled and move a foot or two to better level the rig... Again, I need engine to move.

But the reason they want engine running is because that pump takes a bunch of power and they do not want you killing your battery half leveled. 

The reason for having you start the engine when Raising the jacks is ... Simplicity of instructions.  Since most of use are smart enough to understand the difference between running the pump and simply opening the valve.

DO what you think is right.

The reason for having you start the engine when Raising the jacks is ... Simplicity of instructions.  Since most of use are smart enough to understand the difference between running the pump and simply opening the valve.

I really don't understand the above quotation but I am getting the idea that some leveling jack systems use the hydraulic pump to retract the jacks. Would somebody be kind enough to tell me what systems use a hydraulic pump to retract their jacks.

JamesOne said:
I really don't understand the above quotation but I am getting the idea that some leveling jack systems use the hydraulic pump to retract the jacks. Would somebody be kind enough to tell me what systems use a hydraulic pump to retract their jacks.

James

The Equalizer brand leveling system used on the Travel Supreme is one.

JamesOne,

The HWH system uses a hydraulic pump/mechanism to operate the jacks.  We do not have to have the engine on to extend or retract them.  It's an automated system.

Marsha~

HWH uses springs to return the jacks to the stored position and only uses the hydraulics to extend them.

Don't know if this fits here, but this thread made me think about a few things and then I got carried away.....
My traveling is work based. My road time is going to an end work destination.
I typically drive until 7:45 PM (leaving about 7:30-8AM). I'm usually 69 feet but, even when shorter, here are the rules I try to follow when traveling to my destination:

No jacks down-Looks to much like camping. The lots and rest centers are level enough for me.
No air bag release-The dog and us have no problem with the extra 6" of elevation.
No slides out-Looks to much like camping.
No awning out-Looks to much like camping.
I stay on the garden center end and not the food end of the Wal-mart.
If rest center size permits, I park in the car section so as not to rob space from the truckers who are mandated to stop at the end of their time (I will pass up a rest center in lieu of a Wal-mart (24 hour) Supercenter when ever possible)

For safety reasons I do not use campgrounds-Don't like to play dodgem with kids after dark plus I'm not camping. (I'm also stingy). Also don't like going way off route just to find closed gates. It's easier to stay on route. I would consider it rude and dangerous to traverse the campground after dark.

After thoughts (after returning from a 5 week, 5000 mile trip):
After dumping, I pull forward before taking on water so the next guy can get started dumping. I hate people that seem to have to play in their  . I have seen people take up to 20 minutes to do a 4 or 5 minute dump, and then, dig out the water hose for another lengthy period.  I actually try to take on water while fueling.
After fueling, I pull forward so the next guy can fuel while I stand in line at the counter.

Definitely not the same subject, but, now that you have me started: If the campground owner is too lazy to get a job in the off season, why should I be expected to subsidize his 4 or 5 month vacation. A campground owner friend of mine (in Michigan) drives semi 5 months per year. He has no off season projects because he does not loaf all summer and let the grounds go to pot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom