How far do you go in a day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ArdraF said:
We just took a 10-day car trip using our new "stop every hour and walk around" rule.  Wow!  What a difference in comfort.  We will continue doing this, stopping at regular intervals.  We enjoyed walking in a couple of towns we'd only driven through before.

ArdraF

We met an elderly couple on the road and they were telling us the importance of frequent walks when travelling to prevent blood clots.  Now we joke when we stop ever hour or hour and a half "to walk the clots out".

maverickbbd said:
We met an elderly couple on the road and they were telling us the importance of frequent walks when travelling to prevent blood clots.  Now we joke when we stop ever hour or hour and a half "to walk the clots out".

I remember when I was a kid in drivers ed being told "when driving long distances, one should stop every two hours to prevent highway hypnosis."  Seldom have I ever stopped every two hours.  I don't think I'd ever get anywhere that way.

maverickbbd said:

My parents traveled a lot up until the past couple of years and stuck to the exercise every 2 hour rule religiously.  I drove them to CA a few years ago and mom was in charge of finding places to stop.  We wound up in some strange places but saw a lot of stuff that we would have missed otherwise.  We were in a van for that trip so didn't worry about being able to get into and out of places but I do worry about making sure DH & I have room when we're in the MH with the Jeep in tow.  We usually stick to the rest areas for stops so miss seeing some cool things that I know we would enjoy.

Dad died this past September at age 87 and Mom is now in an assisted living facility but while Dad was alive, when anything came up about a trip, he & Mom would talk about their "rest stops" and the interesting things they saw.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom