How hard is it to sell your used motorhome?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed, and you have to know what you're looking at / looking for, to understand when an issue is "relatively cosmetic" ... and everything I know I learned from people on this forum!  :)

I sold my used RV for top dollar 36 hours after putting it on Craigslist.

My ad was by far the best ad there.

I posted the maximum pics which was 24, I linked to a you tube video I made.

I listed EVERYTHING including my upgrades. Before the ad went up I spent a huge amount of time cleaning the rig meticulously and making my lists.

I wrote the ad as if appealing to new first time owners, with no abbreviations and lots of information about every single system on it.

To get more folks to read my ad, I did not list the year in the title, instead I used "excellent condition" to get more lookers.

I had such an overwhelming about of detailed information in the ad that the only calls I got were "When can we see it?"

Also, I answered all my calls, so there was no telephone tag while the ad was up.

If you put a ton of effort into the ad and pics, then the rig will sell.

When my wife had our "Not dead yet estate sale" I hung a for sale sign on  the coach.  First guy to the sale at about 7am bought the coach for my asking price.
He even waited for delivery until we had taken possession of our replacement  coach.

You  might consider providing consultation services to folks trying to sell their RVs!  :)

We're still shopping but more than likely have passed over a number of units that we might have been interested in if they had even half-way decent photos & descriptions. I don't understand how someone can try to sell something for tens of thousands of dollars and put so little effort into the presentation.

DearMissMermaid said:
I sold my used RV for top dollar 36 hours after putting it on Craigslist.

My ad was by far the best ad there.

I posted the maximum pics which was 24, I linked to a you tube video I made.

I listed EVERYTHING including my upgrades. Before the ad went up I spent a huge amount of time cleaning the rig meticulously and making my lists.

I wrote the ad as if appealing to new first time owners, with no abbreviations and lots of information about every single system on it.

To get more folks to read my ad, I did not list the year in the title, instead I used "excellent condition" to get more lookers.

I had such an overwhelming about of detailed information in the ad that the only calls I got were "When can we see it?"

Also, I answered all my calls, so there was no telephone tag while the ad was up.

If you put a ton of effort into the ad and pics, then the rig will sell.

We have had good experience at PPL also here in Houston. Large inventory and fairly priced it seemed. We have only bought 2, but purchase them from private sellers. The first one, we never thought to check plumbing, and the prior owner had not winterized the unit, so spent $1500.00 on top of the cost of the unit to replace all the pipes in the unit.

We just purchased a 2002 Winnebago Journey DL, and we had an RV Shop check it out stem to stern, and have had the owner fix the minor things we found. The owner of the RV shop worked for PPL for 13 years, and now owns his own repair shop. If I was to sell one in decent condition, I would consign it to PPL. They do all the ad work, answer the phones, and million questions, etc. If you have lots of time and knowledge of your rig, you might sell it yourself, I didn't want to be a weekend recreation site to allow all kinds of lookers criticising everything in the coach and trying to know the price down. i would consign it. If buying one, I will never buy one again without an inspection report from a qualified shop.

Good luck

We just bought a used travel trailer and found it on Facebook Marketplace. I have seen some listed on the local Nextdoor that sold fast too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom