How much do you pay in your state?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Georgia used to have the "birthday" tax. You were taxed a percentage of the vehicles value when you got your tag renewed before your birthday each year.

In 2013 they changed to TAVT "title ad valorem tax" you pay once at purchase, and then the annual fee is just for tag and paperwork processing.

My total for RV, VW, motorcycle, and utility trailer was $115 for this year.

SargeW said:
Wow John. I wonder how much of that fee will repeat the 2nd year?  When I was researching different places to locate when I moved out of Ca, I checked the reg fees in NV.  They scared me right back to SD!

My registration on the 2014 Winnebago (now sold) was $2,200.00 last year, of which I received a $857.00 credit for the unused portion of my annual registration costs. I expect at least a $3,200.00 registration for 2020.

Yeah, that's about double what my registration fees were in Ca for a similar model year rig (2013 Phaeton).  But then again, Ca has a hefty state income tax. So the real truth is that  no matter how it's divided, all states need to get their tax revenue from somewhere.

SargeW said:
Yeah, that's about double what my registration fees were in Ca for a similar model year rig (2013 Phaeton).  But then again, Ca has a hefty state income tax. So the real truth is that  no matter how it's divided, all states need to get their tax revenue from somewhere.

Isn't that the truth, the State will get you coming or going. Oregon has no sales tax, but a pretty hefty income tax. Either way you pay.

In Louisiana it is $50 every 2 years, though one must pay 8% sales tax if buying in state, or 8% use tax if bringing in from another state, this includes people moving into the state that have previously registered in other states, in which case it is based on book value.

Here's one:

Dance Chick said:
No personal property tax in FL. Our tag renewal on MH is somewhere around $75.00 - can't remember exactly.

In Arizona if you are a 100% disabled veteran you get one vehicle registration free every year.

I also got free sales tax back when I bought it several years ago.

It is pretty obvious which vehicle I get the free registration applied to.

They do charge me $25 for the personalized veteran license plate.

Back
Top Bottom