how NOT to trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steveblonde

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c4Z8MNmlA8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMhLuJnFWfQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIHrzcrB_3E

Wow! ;D That second one scares me, we have a 20 year old Ranger with rust issues. Fortunately we no longer tow with it. The third one made me chuckle, in high season Cannon Beach is hard to get around without a trailer.

In the first video the idiots think that chock is what teachers use in the classroom.

In the second, wow...  just...  wow.

In the third, "Unhitch and turn it by hand, dummy!!"
  I actually couldn't watch the whole thing because I wanted to slap that idiot so bad......

i'm more sympathetic I suppose.  More than likely they aren't just "stupid".  They just haven't been taught or up to that point have not had the experience.

Watching that 3rd video, I cringe knowing that guy was sweating bullets most likely.  Probably felt like the world was watching him.  I know, I used to watch folks at the boat ramp for entertainment value.... and that is why and where I learned as a teenager to back a trailer well.  But no matter how good you are, it's very possible to get yourself into a spot like that guy did in trying to make the turn, only to realize that you really need to just go back to plan A and back it all the way out......  It just all about how long it takes you to realize that plan A is the best choice!

The other thing I think when watching stuff like that is, oh how glad I am that we decided to buy the MH instead of a TT.  I count my blessings whenever I see something like this, or when I see someone fighting to hitch up.

The third video is actually speed up to be 5:21.  Look at the speed of people walking by.  Real time would be about 10 minutes.  No one was hurt (unless feelings count) and it is not like he was blocking a freeway so it is no big deal and maybe a learning opportunity for the driver.

I sure do like for the tow vehicle to be shorter than the trailer.

In the 3rd video, he almost had it when he pulled into the driveway.  When he backed out, he started to aim the trailer towards the beach then chickened out halfway through.  If he had the spacial awareness of where the trailer was and what it was doing, he could have pulled forward and jackknifed the trailer in that direction until it was parallel with the curb on the far side of the street, i.e. pointing in the direction he wanted to go, then made short back and forward movements to get the truck pointed that way.

Grab a 6 pack and a lawn chair. I could watch this for hours hahaha. We've actually sat right off the boat launch in our boat and watched people try to back down the launch. Watched people just about come to blows on more than one occasion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinapple
Back
Top Bottom