How small is the RV that you're fulltiming in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife and I (no pets) full time in a 28 foot 94 Rockwood Bayport. For us it is cozy. But we get along great so being in a small space together is more a blessing than a curse. We did have to get rid of a lot of "stuff". But we have never been happier.  :)

Newbie here. My wife and I are living in a 36' pusher, am '87 Monaco Diplomat, just the two of us and a 50-pound LabraHound. It's actually an upsizing from our last live-aboard, a 33' sailboat. This RV has a lot more room.

M'Lady Wolf and I live in a 32' motorhome with a slide. For us, the slide makes all the difference in the world. We pull it in to make our propane runs and always heave a sigh of relief when we get back and deploy it again. I work full time and we've been in the same place for just over a year. Sometimes it feels cramped one one or both of us pull out our tools, gear, what have you until we put it all away again. I can't say the wife makes it feel crowded- in fact, the place feels empty when she's away visiting for a few days.

What makes a big difference for us was floor plan and slide. If I had to choose between a longer motorhome and no slides and a shorter one with at least one slide, I'd choose shorter & slidier every time. If I could figure out how to add another slide to ours, I would! We spend a lot of time inside especially during the winter. During the summer, we're inside because our awning is broken and I don't have the funds to get it repaired or replaced.

We have no pets and I'm not sure how we'd handle a dog or cat at this time

JCZ,
We full timed for 1 1/2 years i a AF 25P.  Yes, we did travel as well.  like anything, room was a little tight
but we are retired so we didn't need a lot of clothing we might have if working.  the other hand, being smaller,
we could get into almost any state or national forest.  We also plan to take off for a year again in November.
It all depends on how you adjust to less space.  we use the adage, you have to have a place to put it
before you buy it.
Rick

We started out in a tent trailer then a 30 ft tow behind with one super slide now we have a 34 ft 5th wheel 2 slides and rear kitchen the floorplan was the most important thing for us I love to cook so a large kitchen was a must we have been remodeling everything else to suit our needs and wants I think it is important to know your personal needs when choosing and take your time we have taken 6 years to find our current home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom