How to become a full timer 101

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
seilerbird said:
If you  have a fire in your RV that destroys the contents of your safe then you have a whole bunch of bigger problems to worry about than the contents of your safe.

INDEED !!!

pdq

Tom said:
Thanks Tom. As Margi suggests, that will make a great addition to our forum library. Let's see if anyone adds to it.

Tom, are you going to add this to the library?

[quote author=seilerbird]Tom, are you going to add this to the library?[/quote]

Yes. Sorry, been tied up recently and haven't had a lot of time.

This Article was great, and just what I needed to take a step back.
No I am not giving up, just extending my timeframe. I am shooting for spring, That will give me enough time to dot every i and cross every t . 
  Really helped me a bunch.  I can breathe a bit easier now, I was rushing things way too fast, and getting major stressed out, which is not the end goal.  LOL
  I am thinking of Renting an RV this fall and taking a trip down to Florida to visit my aunt.
  3 weeks or so, that should give me a bit of an idea what I am in for ;)
You guys are a godsend!  thanks again.  :D

Tom said:
Yes. Sorry, been tied up recently and haven't had a lot of time.

There is no rush, I just figured you might have forgotten so I thought I would remind you. I know you must be extremely busy. Running this board must be a full time job all by itself.

Tom, I finally got around to putting the article in the forum library here. Sorry it took so long.

Although I read it earlier, today I got to read every single word for the first time, and realized how much thought you put into it. A big thanks for your efforts.

Thanks Tom and you are welcome. I have gotten so much good information from this web site in the last few years I felt I wanted to give something back.

[quote author=seilerbird]
Several forum members have suggested that I start a thread on "Fulltime Boondocking" .....[/quote]

WD-40?
J
edit: Reduced long quote.

You don't need WD-40 to prepare to become a full timer. You need it after you become a full timer.

:) Tom, TY so much for the Full timer 101 article.  It covers many of the questions I needed to ask, but hadn't realized yet!  My biggest shock is the cost of satellite TV ... I'm sure I could get along OK without it, but my DH NEEDS his ESPN fix daily, especially now that he's involved in fantasy football & baseball. 

Our time frame gives us plenty of time to rid ourselves of our houseful of stuff, but the thing we will have the hardest time placing is our 7 y.o. chinchilla, CC. We're bringing the dog, but the chinchilla's cage alone weighs over 50#, and she is acutely messy! 

We will be renting storage space in my brother's attic for some books and records that my DH just cannot bear to part with. I am happy to say, that we have begun to digitalizing process already, in fact we spent several days when we were snowed in this past winter, sorting through boxes of photos, deciding what was essential and what could be tossed.

Thank you again for this great resource. I'm thinking of printing it out and hanging it on the fridge :)

Ray and Jean and Greyla the black lab

preparing to get on the road in Sept 2011

RayandJean said:
:) Tom, TY so much for the Full timer 101 article.  It covers many of the questions I needed to ask, but hadn't realized yet!  My biggest shock is the cost of satellite TV ... I'm sure I could get along OK without it, but my DH NEEDS his ESPN fix daily, especially now that he's involved in fantasy football & baseball. 

Our time frame gives us plenty of time to rid ourselves of our houseful of stuff, but the thing we will have the hardest time placing is our 7 y.o. chinchilla, CC. We're bringing the dog, but the chinchilla's cage alone weighs over 50#, and she is acutely messy! 

We will be renting storage space in my brother's attic for some books and records that my DH just cannot bear to part with. I am happy to say, that we have begun to digitalizing process already, in fact we spent several days when we were snowed in this past winter, sorting through boxes of photos, deciding what was essential and what could be tossed.

Thank you again for this great resource. I'm thinking of printing it out and hanging it on the fridge :)

Ray and Jean and Greyla the black lab

preparing to get on the road in Sept 2011

You are welcome. A good source for ESPN is their website and it is a lot cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom