How to determine fair price, Advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been tempted to call Geico again and talk to the office we normally speak with for our other vehicles. On my call for the MH, I called their "RV/Motorcycle" number. Normally, the person will make some comment about how we've been with Gieco for 37 years... this time they didn't so I'm wondering if they even had our full record open during the call. I also read that sometimes they consider your credit rating highly in their cost forumula... well, if they did that, I'd be rated poorly because they shouldn't be able to pull any report for me as I have all my credit accounts locked at the big 3 reporting agencies.

When I let the seller know that I was going to let this go for now, he responded that he'd drop the price by 5K if that would help. I did, but after reading some of the other comments from our fellow members of the forum, I think that paint 'checking' is a bigger problem than the current owner knows about.

So my search continues while I try to sell some land to help pay for my new home on wheels. Anyone interested in 12 acres in the mountains of north Idaho! :) 
Thanks,
Pete

The paint check defect was fairly common in higher end coach models back in that that timeframe, so you may encounter it again.  American Coach, Country Coach, National RV, and Newmar all had models that used the faulty sidewall material from Crane Composites.  Maybe some Monacos too.  The manufacturers sued or negotiated settlements from Crane, and some provided partial compensation to owners who wanted sidewalls replaced, but the 2008 Recession pretty much ended that with the bankruptcy of several of them.  National RV (also parent of Country Coach) cited the sidewall defect as a major cause of its bankruptcy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy
Back
Top Bottom