How to find Campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horse

Is there an easy way to find campgrounds in a city? Is there a website or some source I can go to that has a good list of addresses where we can camp out while travelling?

Any of the campground guides will do that for you. Trailer Life and Woodalls are the most popular and both are available in printed form and on CD. You can also get partial info from them via their free online sites or full info with a paid subscription.

Or just Google the city name and campground - that usually brings up a few.

This is one area where I prefer the Woodalls directory.  They have a map of major cities showing the approximate location of campgrounds.  If you are not familiar with a city it is often hard to figure out where a campgrounds is.  Also I have had success from the websites.  Many city websites list campgrounds in the accommodation section along with hotels.  Often some are listed which are not in the directories.

Tony

KodiakRV said:
I think what you want is www.rvparkreviews.com.

We have used this site faithfully while in  Newfoundland and Nova Scotia.  The reviews have been accurate and helpful  when selecting  campgrounds that meet our needs.  We like clear cut views of southern skies with easy access.  We really like this site.  It has included campgrounds that were not advertised elsewhere!

Betty

Depending on the situation, I prefer to surf over to the WalMart website and browse the store locator ;D

Seriously, if a campground is what you want and nothing else proves fruitful, go to Google and type in the city (comma) state (comma) and the word campgrounds like this:

Southfield, MI, campgrounds

Usually turns up a campground fairly close by if there is one.

Joe

I've found that Woodall's  online was the best, they had a campground listed near where i wanted to go that wasn't listed on any other site. Also i've found that map sites like mapquest.com let's you look for nearby attractions like campground or rv parks.

I sometimes use Microsoft Streets & Trips to help find campgrounds

The program includes all the CG's listed in the WOODALL's guide and hyper links to the online version of the guide itself if you have an internet connection

Do be aware that any printed or published store bought guide, including S&T, is at least 1-2 years out of date when you open the package (There is no way around this save downloadable updates)

And to GLEN54737... Southfield Michigan?  (I only live 1.2 miles from Southfield Michigan, and yes I can support an overnight guest)

Thanks for all the replies everyone!
I just checked out http://www.rvparkreviews.com/ and it's quite helpful.
I'm also going to go through the Woodalls directory, and of course, Google is always a friend :)

Back
Top Bottom