How to remove panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob T

Morning everyone,  the coach is an 08 Vectra TD and I just got it back from the dealer.  They were doing some of the work that was to have been done before we took possession.  One of the things they did was go into the switch cluster on passenger side and supposed to have tightened a harness.

Well, we are out for a week now and I am finding that some of the switches aren't working.  Does anyone know how to remove the panel that switches are mounted in.  I would prefer asking rather than breaking the plate..

I've attached a photo so you know which cluster I am referring to.

Many thanks in advance.

Bob

Attachments

• switch cluster.jpg
    switch cluster.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 81
Never had to remove mine Bob.  Winnie Owner Relations should be able to help - those guys have lots of hands-on experience in service and production.

Thanks John, would you have an email contact that I could send note to?

Bob

I have a 40AD and have worked on mine as follows:

1- Remove the passenger cup holder by first carefully prying off the trim ring around the holder perimeter. This allows you to see inside the cabinet.
2- Remove the screws that hold the fire extinguisher bracket to the cabinet.
3- Push on the cabinet on the side where the switches are to shift it to the rear and this will unclip the cabinet from the wall and allow you to get in behind the switches. I have seen some where you move the cabinet forward as opposed to rearward to unclip the cabinet. Look in the cup holder hole and you will see the clips that hold the cabinet to the wall, it will be clear what you need to do to get the cabinet loose.
4- Reinstall in the reverse order.

Hope this helps.
Pete

Thanks very much Pete, will give that a try probably tomorrow.  Appreciate your time.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom