How to replace landing gear rocker switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AUSSIEBORN

We have a 2016 Reflection by Grand Design 5th Wheel - 337RLS.  Just the other day the toggle switch operating the front landing gear decided not to retract the gear. It extends okay. I believe the rocker switch needs replacing and think it should be easy enough for me, a non-electrical handyman, to be able to do it. But I'm asking for any pointers from those who have gone before me and care to help me with any and all advice and details.  Many thanks

Sadly you cannot simply go out and buy a basic switch.  That one is rated for 30A and this difficult to find and expensive.
You could always upgrade to a heavy duty reversing relay and a basic toggle switch.  The benefit is the ability to add a up limit switch so you dont tear the gear box up.

Many thanks for your quick response. Just goes to show you how little I know about these things. Looks like it would be wiser for us to get a professional to repair or replace the switch. Thanks again, you probably saved my wife a lot of anguish.

Switch replacement is really simple,  the switch itself if I remember is around 50 dollars.

Great. Then it may still be possible for me to replace it. All I need do is identify the current switch in order to make sure I get the right replacement.

E-trailer.com is one place that has those rocker switches, and they typically get good marks on this forum for customer support. There aren't very many different versions of them and easy to swap out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom