How To Store the Sewage Hose in a Vista 26P?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Papa Allan

My wife and I are considering purchase of a Vista 26P.
One issue I see is the lack of a sewage hose storage tube.
It looks like the sewage hose ... which is never really clean no matter how you rinse it out ... is just intended to be coiled up in the same compartment with the power cord.
I am shocked that Winnebago would do that.
Am I wrong?  Have I missed something?
How do you store your sewage hose in a Vista 26P?
The salesman suggested adding on a sewage hose storage tube underneath the rear end of the M H.
Come on Winnebago engineers!  How could you leave this out????  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/Smileys/default/sad.gif
Your comments will be appreciated,
Papa Allan

It looks like the sewage hose ... which is never really clean no matter how you rinse it out ... is just intended to be coiled up in the same compartment with the power cord.
Just buy a cap for each end of the hose, and you won't have any mess. My UA has a sewer hose tube INSIDE the water bay, but I still use caps on both ends of the hose to avoid any dribbles.

I'm not sure about all the exterior storage cabinets on that motorhome but we store our sewer hose in a 5 gallon paint bucket (like you can get at Home Depot or that detergent from Costco comes in). When we dump we take the bucket out of the storage compartment and bring it over to the dump area. Then the hose goes back in the bucket after the dump. The clean on the exterior bucket goes back in the cabinet. The cabinet we use is the forward most one on the drivers side as it is well sized for what we use it for.

Since we often camp in areas without trash cans we use this dedicated storage compartment for the sewer hose bucket, our tire covers (which seem to get peed on by dogs at our storage lot), any trash we have to pack out of a campsite and any dog poop that has to be packed out of a campsite. We even took the lock off of it so we don't have to worry about locking and unlocking it when we store trash there.

Michelle

It would be easy to buy a 4 inch dia. perforated plastic  leach field pipe and wire it to the underside of the RV.>>>Dan

I have the 26P Itasca SunStar. I purchased two different lengths of sewer hose storage pipes and mounted them under the large storage compartment of the driver's side of the coach. I have a sealable plastic box that I store the donut and l shaped sewer connector...I keep it in the compartment at the rear side of the passenger's side of the coach. This solution is working well for me.

In the service compartment, I keep a couple of folded papertowels and a walmart type plastic bag. I wipe up any drips with the paper towels and toss them and my disposable gloves in the bag after dumping. I also frequently spray a disinfectant such as Lysol in the compartment. In the service compartment I also keep a bottle of Germ-X antibacteria soap to clean my hands after removing my "dumping" plastic gloves.

I do not like the design of the fresh water inlet, electric connections and sewer valves in the same compartment, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else for them in this size coach....and that is the ONLY thing I don't like about the 26P!

Thank You Jeanne and All ...  Thanks to All for your comments.
I especially appreciated Jeanne's specific advice/method, AND
After some research I found two excellent kinds of drain hoses which are more sanitary than the old wire type:
The Drain Master/Waste Master Cam-Loc system looks the best, with a smooth inside hose (so it stays clean) and an easy "cam lock" instead of a twist, but it requires changing the outflow sewer fitting on the M H from the prongs type to their compression type: See:

http://www.drainmaster.com/WasteMaster.html

On the other hand, the Polychute also has an excellent, more-sanitary hose (no ridges on inside), clear end barrels to see the flow, a turn off valve and a locking storage cap. But, it uses the old prongs-type of sewer outflow fitting. See:

http://www.polychute.com/

Looks like either one would be much better than the old metal-wire spiral hoses. But, I suspect the DrainMaster Cam Lock would require a different end fitting on the Vista.

I have asked a salesman whether I can store a 24" (long) x 17" (deep) x 7" (high) Polychute hose storage box in the Vista sewer/electrical compartment.

I think that Winnebago should take a hard look at their design of placing clean water, electrical and sewer hose in the same area.  Not a good idea!  Could lead to product liability for them.
Best regards to all,
Papa Allan

Two thoughts
1- I do not want to store any sewer hoses in my service compartment. I want those hoses as far away from my fresh water connection as possible.

2- whatever solution you choose, make certain you can get at least one end of the sewer hose threaded through the slot in the bottom of the compartment and make certain there is sufficient bend in the hose to allow it be connected to the dump valve and then bend to go through the slot in the bottom of the compartment. From experience, I know that some hoses do not work because of both of these limitations.

On the freshwater...I found placing an L connector fast disconnect valve on the fresh water inlet valve has saved me lots of tightening to prevent drips of fresh water when connected to city water.

Back
Top Bottom