Hurricane Dorian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Ed

Glad you didn't personally  suffer too much damage, at least you did not have to run.... It is still not something I would want to experience. Perhaps by the time I get to Florida, the "season" will be over with for this year.... I hope you get the power back before to long, the good side is that it is not winter quite yet. We lived through the big Ice Storm here in Jan 1998 and had no power for more than 7 days at well below freezing temps. (We did have a wood burning fireplace in the playroom and lived in the there for the duration and heated food on our boats alcohol stove).

Isaac-1 said:
Stu, keep in mind something like 30% of hurricanes occur outside of hurricane season
Very true, but please don't spoil my dream!!!  :)

Stu, we never lost power or phone/cable/internet, but we are in the minority.  Had friends, who live on the Halifax side over for a hot supper last night as they have been without power since around 4 PM Saturday.  We got up yesterday to see a couple of younger gentlemen with their chain saws cutting up the downed elm tree.  They are just couple of neighbouhood guys out to do a good deed, and wouldn't even take money to pay for the gas.
    As for the sharpie, I see that a much weaker, but still dangerous Dorian is heading up to Greenland.  Is it somehow being aimed?  ;)

Ed

SeilerBird said:
Yes it is being aimed. It missed West Palm Beach and is heading for Greenland. Guess who is in control of it?

I read that bit about a couple of politically notables controlling it, of course it's pure .... Dung (that's the polite word I think)  GOD is in control or mother nature. take your pick. No person.  But then I know you are joking.

John From Detroit said:
I read that bit about a couple of politically notables controlling it, of course it's pure .... Dung (that's the polite word I think)  GOD is in control or mother nature. take your pick. No person.  But then I know you are joking.

Actually no fictional character controls the path of a hurricane:

http://www.hurricanescience.org/science/science/hurricanemovement/

Dorian is really the Energizer Bunny!  It is now hitting the UK with 70+ MPH winds.

Ed

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/1176321/uk-weather-forecast-wind-radar-met-office-weather-hurricane-dorian-path-uk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom