HWH 325 Level System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocknron

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 33V . When going down the road my alarm keeps coming on,My wife read in the manual that after all the jacks are retracted you should drive with the STORE button in the on position.I was wondering if that would hurt anything.

With the "store" button "on", I believe that the solenoids for the jacks will still be activated causing heat build up and shortening the life of the solenoid considerably.

If the "jacks down" light comes on after the jacks are initially stored, then the problem could be a bad solenoid that is leaking either externally(we had that happen) or internally, or the "jacks down" indicator switch could be faulty or a faulty connection at either end of the wiring. There are probably other issues that could cause the problem as well.

If you need more help, You can contact Paul Maddox at [email protected] or call him at 602-549-3638.

He works for HWH and does remote troubleshooting for the company.  If you call and he doesnt answer, leave a message, he will get back to you as soon as he can.

He helped us a few years ago and is a great guy.

Here is a link to the HWH 325 service manual  https://www.hwhcorp.com/ml37640.pdf

The system will automatically shut down after awhile. The key is that when you hit the store button, DO NOT hit the off button after they are stowed. Leave the system alone and allow it to shut down on its own. The last button you should operate is the store button.  If the jacks alarm comes on while driving,  simply hit the site button again.

When you "STORE",
the system will allow the jacks to begin to raise. Watching the red lights they will go out when all jacks are in the stored position. You will then see the green light "SAVE TO TRAVEL". The system will take somewhere from 5 to 7 minutes before final shut down.
You can drive during this period, but I usually wait a few minutes before starting up. If the jacks are very slow raising you might need to install new springs.

If the jacks are slow to retract try and spray WD-40 liberally on the seal where the ram goes into the jack.  It is my observation that this seal dries out and causes undo drag on the ram as it retracts. Also, sometimes dirt and grime can get on the seal causing excess drag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom