HWH jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trophy

Came home in the eavning and noticed the motorhome was a little of level. Turned on the pump and tried to correct. Pump ran but coach wouldnt move. It was late so went to bed. In the am retracted Jacks and then tried to relevel again pump humming but nothing happening. Took a look outside. Fluid all over the right wheel well,battery and springs. Followed hose with fingers but could not find leak. So I'm planing to remove the suspected hose for a better look. Question... Is replacement as straight forward as remove. Get replacement made up. Reattach. Refill with Tranny fluid?? Is there any tips or tricks I should know before I remove hose. I am on the return of a 3 month trip and won't be home for another 3 weeks. Thx

Should be. The HWH system is self-bleeding or as Frank at HWH informed me the design does not have to be bled.
If you are on the road and can't get the slides in i.e. stranded HWH is very responsive in offering over the phone assistance and information.

Bobsharon...... Thanks, we are on the road but our slides are electric. So no issues with them. I tried to remove the hose. I could not. its 1 wrench size over what I have and the adjustable will just strip it. its kinda rusty under there. So I am spraying penetrating oil. We are heading to Port Richey Florida on Monday. I will try and find a hydraulic repair shop in the area.

I could not get hose off on mine.  Just ran new line with the other hoses.  They wire tied mine together and ran in the frame. And I was told not to use a field repair fitting.  Good luck 

X2 with Fairway. Mine ran over top of fuel tank and were wire tied in places I could not reach. I prefilled the hose(s) with hydraulic fluid while installing. Still took several times of cycling my slides before I got all the air out. Not a hard job just messy

My Hoses are clamped and zip tied as well. my biggest problem is rust. I called a nearby hydraulic repair shop who said he does not deal with motorhome jacks. I called a mobile rv repair shop who hasn't returned my call. Tomorrow I will get the proper wrench and try to disconnect the line, (hydraulic shop said no problem to make up a new line) If I break off the fitting Im no worse off then I am now. Thx for your input, at least I Know its a direct swap, if I can get the fittings apart.

Back
Top Bottom