HWH Jacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

banjo5491

I have a '07 Tour with HWH jacks (right rear) which keeps descending by itself. I'm parked with all four leveling jacks down and by the next morning the right rear tires are nearly off the ground and I have to lower the right side to level. Any thoughts out there, on why this is happening?

I would suspect a solenoid. I recently had problem getting my jacks to retract. We had to take hydraulic lines loose to get the jacks to retract. Then I refilled the reservoir so we could usecthe slides until we got a chance to have the jack solenoids checked out. A week later when preparing to hit the road I discovered that one rear jack had extended on its own several inches into the gravel, leaving a hole several inches deep. It apparently retracted when I hit the store button to trigger the air bags to inflate.

Unusual for a jack to go further down after leveling - that requires an open solenoid to that corner PLUS pressure from the pump. In most systems the pump is shut off once leveled, so there is no source of additional pressure to further extend the jack leg. Do you hear the hydraulic pump cycle?

Normally a leaky solenoid allows the jack to retract, i.e. the pressure in the jack (ram) bleeds off and the leg retracts a bit. As I said above, it can't extend further unless there is additional hydraulic pressure from the pump.

I'm reminded of a funny story I heard a couple years ago. Someone had a similar problem of the jacks mysteriously extending, different jacks at different times. It turned out their dog was standing on the jack control pad when looking out the windows and occasionally extending/retracting one jack leg or another.

The problem with my right rear jack has disappeared. Just call me "confused". Thank you for your input.

Banjo man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom