HWH slide issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ste1148watt

2005 Itasca Horizon with HWH 625 slide. The large driver side slide is getting to the point it will barely retract. Other slides and levelers work. Shuttle valve or something else? Thanks for your input.

Most large slides have rollers under them. If a roller is not working or is gummed up, the slide will not perform correctly. On my roller, the face was broken (plastic coating) for example.

Is your slide hydraulic? I believe it is. Could be a plumbing issue (plugged, weak pump, etc...)

If it extends with no issues and only struggles on retracting, I would look at the Solenoid valve controlling retraction for that slide first. I believe those valves have T handles so you can operate them manually. If the valve isn't opening enough and restricting flow to the retraction hydraulic cylinders, I would think you would here the pump being heavily loaded. Maybe switch the extension and retraction solenoids to see if the issue follows them.

Most large slides have rollers under them. If a roller is not working or is gummed up, the slide will not perform correctly. On my roller, the face was broken (plastic coating) for example.

Is your slide hydraulic? I believe it is. Could be a plumbing issue (plugged, weak pump, etc...)
There are rollers and on that particular model, jacks and slides are HWH hydraulic - it's the same model and year we had. When that slide is extended, most of the slide parts are visible. The plastic slide runners (not sure what kind of plastic/nylon/whatever they are) can crack so they should be an annual or biannual inspection item.

2005 Itasca Horizon with HWH 625 slide. The large driver side slide is getting to the point it will barely retract. Other slides and levelers work. Shuttle valve or something else? Thanks for your input.
I had a problem with my HWH slide wold not extend. Today I discovered the reason. The HWH system has a central-ground where 5 ground wires attach to one bolt. I was washing the propane tank bay, where the HWH pump/motor/solenoid assy. is also installed.
I sprayed off the HWH assy. while there. When I started the MH to put it in the garage I reached over an pushed the slide extend switch and it worked normally.
My conclusion is, I got that ground connection wet and improved the ground connection when getting it wet.
Tomorrow I'll remove all those ground wires, clean and polish everything and reattach the ground wires.
The ground is the forgotten other-half of 12V wiring, and accounts for nearly 80% of all 12V issues.
This is the service manual for your HWH 625 leveling system. The leveling system and slide room extension are 2 different systems, operated by the same motor/pump/ solenoid assy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom