i-190 Buffalo, NY bridge clearance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boatmanea

Planning a route that uses I-190 in Bufalo from I-90 to Grand Island, NY. Can someone please verify bridge clearance? We need 13' 6"

Low clearance (12' 6") declared on IATA website as 0.8 miles east of NY-5. Same on Coach-Net. On Google Maps, there are NO clearances posted on the overpasses or on any signage approaching that area. The only overpasses I see between I-90 and NY-5 are at Weiss St., Louisiana St., and NY-5 itself.

Get on the 190 swing around the city along the river and over the Grand Island Bridge pretty easy

I'm from the area. Your staying on 90 and 190? If so there should be no problem. Those routes are used by tractor trailer every day and I can't think of a single spot that has a low clearance sign.

Where are you coming from? Reading your post has me thinking your coming in from the East? If thats the case 90-290-190 is a better way to go unless you have a specific reason to go 190 through the Downtown Buffalo area.

If they are looking at Louisiana St. That would be west side.
So 90 to 190 over Grand Island bridge

The Rand McNally Motor Carrier's Road Atlas has a state by state listing of all bridge and overpass clearances. Unless otherwise marked, all interstate overpass's must 16' clearance.
For instance, the interstate near me has a warning sign when approaching one bridge/overpass, It states. "warning 14' clearance".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom